20

CHAPTER 20 —

HAGEN:

i wake up to a once familiar feeling; the pounding of my head, a hangover, or as I like to call it, absolute hell.

Due to just waking up, I was still half asleep and out of it. It takes a few seconds for my vision to refocus and I take in my surroundings.

I was in Olivia's bed while she laid right beside me tangled in my arms. Her blonde hair was sprawled out on her pillow. Her eyebrows were slightly scrunched. The sight was just enough to make my heart melt right then and there. It was something I could definitely get use to.

I put my thoughts aside and focus on the main question. How did I get here? I think back to last night. After a few minutes, a few memories come back faintly, enough for me to piece the events of last night together.

I mentally face palm myself.

idiot .

I was a complete and utter asshole to her yesterday when I ran into her at the drug store. And then I show up at her window, drunk out of my mind, asking to come in. She shouldn't of let me in but she did, and she even let me stay the night. Even after I was unreasonably rude to her.

I can't imagine what reason there could be for Caleb to think that she isn't enough. What could lead him to go out and cheat?

She's enough for me, a thousand times enough.

I'm lucky to have someone like her in my life. That might sound sappy or corny, but it's the truth. She gives me chance after chance. She's patient and actually cares about me as a person.

After my ex, I thought for sure that she had broken me and that I would never be able to feel those feelings again. I went down the wrong path, made bad decisions, and hurt the people i love.

Then I ran into Olivia at the party. And no, i'm not saying I love Olivia, but I have grown a liking to her company. We've turned out to be good friends and she's made me happier.

And anyways even if i did love Olivia, which I definitely don't, it wouldn't matter. The love word is still something that scares me. I guess even though I have made process, Im still not completely healed. and She's back with caleb for whatever reason but it's none of my business. If she's happy then I'll be happy with whatever she decides even if that doesn't include me.

My thoughts are interrupted as my cell phone rings from the bed side table beside me. I notice Olivia flutter her eyes a little bit coming awake. I quickly close my eyes to cover the fact that I was 100% staring at me for a good five minutes.