Chapter 3

"Turtle!" shrieked Kinkajou as Turtle's head sagged onto the ground.

"Someone get Moon!" Qibli bellowed. He looked at Winter, who instantly nodded. Winter shot into the sky and did the IceWing mirror signal.

Qibli bounded over to where Kinkajou was cradling Turtle's head in her wings. "Is he dead?" She whispered. "No," Qibli put his wing over Kinkajou, silently supporting her. "He's just unconscious."

"What happened?" Kinkajou brushed off Qibli's wing and looked him in the eye. "When we came over he was perfectly fine, so I don't think he got something on him while we were waiting for you and Moon to come out of the cave, because why would any bug or something want to go on Turtle?"
Qibli scanned Turtle's unconscious form for any small insect or weapon bedded into Turtle's scales. He saw a lump oozing with blood from where Turtle hit his head when he fell. Qibli lightly lifted up Turtle's head to see if anything was in the lump, but he saw nothing.

Qibli heard a loud thump behind him and turned to see Winter. Winter sighed. "She won't come. I did the mirror signal, and then I saw Moon winging towards me. I told her what had happened and she said that Turtle must have hit his head on a rock or something." he narrowed his eyes. "You have checked, haven't you?"
"Of course. No sign of physical harm beside a lump where he hit his head on the ground. Maybe the thing that harmed him harmed him from the inside?" Qibli looked at Turtle and Kinkajou.

"Possibly, but we can't be too sure. We have to take Turtle to the healer's cave, they'll know what to do."

"Agreed," Qibli said. "I hope he's gonna be okay."
The rest of the JW ran inside and to the healer's cave, where they explained what happened to the RainWing healer, who was the only one there.
"I don't know how to fix this. It's like he broke a bone from the inside." The healer had turned orange.
"Please, please help him, Banana. It's like when I had a coma. Just heal him and then everything will be fine." Kinkajou was crying now.
"Okay, Kinkajou, I'll try my best." Banana waved her talon as a signal for them to leave.
Qibli left the cave first and sat down.
Whoever did this, knows exactly how to mess with us. Qibli realized. "Whoever's doing this is picking us off one by one." He turned towards the others and repeated what he had thought.
Winter nodded "So, we set out, try and find whoever did this to Turtle-"
"AND THEY'LL GET A FACE FULL OF PINEAPPLES!!!!!" Kinkajou was bright red now with black dots.
She's a fierce little rainbow all right. Qibli, Winter and Kinkajou walked out, when Kinkajou said, "Wait, where's Peril?"
"Um, guys? I'm right here, I've been here the whole time."  Peril waved her front talons in the air.
Qibli recapped, "Okay, so. We go looking for the dragon who did this to Turtle, and they'll definitely get a face full of pineapples." Qibli nodded at Kinkajou.
"Let's go fight a bad guy."