Chapter 2: My Mate

When we get in town I throw the box away as we continue to the First Country. Cassy runs slower than usual, even though I'm in my wolf to keep up. She keeps falling behind. I transform back and walk up to her.

"Cass are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, you know just being blown out of a building really knocks you off your feet for awhile." She yawns. I lift her up and she instantly locks her legs around my waist. My left hand rested under her thigh while my other hand was on her back.

"Enzo what are you doing?" She asks panicked. Her arms snake around my neck tightly.

"I'm gonna carry you while you sleep." I tell her.

"P-please put me down." She stampers as she looks down.

"Is my baby scared of heights?" I tease.

"N-no, no." She stampers.

"Relax, close your eyes you'll be fine." Cassy gulps and lays her head on my shoulder. Within a few minutes her arms go slack and her legs losen. I think she fell asleep. I continue walking, but I'm more alert. I know people are after her and I need to protect her. She trusted me by actually falling asleep. I will honor that and keep her safe.

I walked up to my car hidden near the woods where I left it so I could go to Cassy. It will conceal Cassy and take us the rest of the way. I gently lay her on the backseats and grab my coat. I place my coat over her gently. I'm so glad I didn't bring my other car with the blood in it. I get into the driver's seat and drive the rest of the way to my house. The sun sets as I drive.

By the time we got to my house the stars were lighting up the sky. I park my car into the garage with my other car. Dad and mom had their own personal garage. I got out of the car and I lifted Cassy into my lap. Maybe I should just let her sleep.

"You better not." I look down at her while she stares up at me with bright eyes again.

"I didn't close the link did I?" I ask her gently.

"It's been open. I was just so tired though and, besides you moved me again you know I'm a very light sleeper.

"Sorry, I keep forgetting." I smile at her sheepishly.

"It's fine, let's go meet your parents. Then I'll run back to the den." She gets up swiftly and stretches.

"You're sleeping with me tonight. No way in the world are you going to go this late." I stood up beside her and held her hand. "Let's meet my parents." I took a deep breath and opened the door. We entered the kitchen together.

"Enzo is that you honey?" My mom asked.

"Yeah mom. Where's dad?" I asked her back. She wasn't in the kitchen.

"In the living room. Did you bring someone?" She asks walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I want you two to meet someone." I walk with Cassy into the living room past my mom.

"Whose this, boy?" My dad asks. Mom comes in and sits next to him.

"Is Stephen here yet? I called him to be at my house." I ask them.

"He's in your room. Stephen came down here." Dad yells. Suddenly footsteps pounded down the stairs and into the living room.

"Yes Alpha King sir?" Stephen bows his head.

"Can you look at her arm real quick?" I ask Stephen to show him Cassy's arm. Cassy yelps as Stephen feels around her arm.

"It's a little deep, it needs to be steroly cleaned and wrapped. But I think she'll be fine." Stephen said.

"Thanks stephen. Go with him so he can bandage your arm." I tell her she glares at me but walks away with Stephen.

"Enzo, who's the girl?" Mom asks.

"That's my mate." I smile thinking of Cassy.

"Really?!" Mom gets up and hugs me. "I'm so happy for you!"

"That's my boy! Come here!" Dad stands up and pats my back as we hug. Cassy yelps and I turn away from my parents. I walk to the bathroom and see her sitting on the counter. She was snarling at Stephen as he tried to bandage her arm. She nipped at him but didn't get him.

"Can you please get your girl under control?" Stephen asks.