3. Runaway!

Victor's POV

After we did the basic parts of the marriage ceremony. You know walk up with who and whatever and flower the runway, yeah just that. The final and the worst part came.

"Cindy Brookes, do you take Victor Madden to be your loving husband in times of sickness and poverty?" The marriage official said.

Cindy looked straight into my eyes and said the word.

"Yes"

"Victor Madden, do you take Cindy Brooke's to be your loving wife and to always care for her in times of sickness and poverty?"

I wanted to say no. I really did, but instead I found myself stuck trying to find an answer.

I could see everyone staring at me waiting for a response. My father mouthed me the word yes.

I couldn't do it. It wasn't working.

"I'm sorry I can't do this."

I dropped Cindy's hands and ran away from the ceremony.

"Victor! Victor wait!" I could hear my father say from in the distance.

I had to get away, I had to run away. I just needed some time by myself.

So I did what I shouldn't do. I went back in the human world.

Immediately as I landed on my two cold feet. I suddenly remembered about the girl. The human. The human that I nearly killed.

I felt the urge to find her and find out who she is. The thoughts just flooded my brain. For some reason it's like I needed to find out who she is. And I'm going to do it now.

When I was born, my uncle gave me the power to imagine someone and then I would instantly find out their location. I've only did it once to find my dog, Rufus. I really hope it works again.

I imagined and I imagined but nothing came up; but the trick is to focus. Not imagine.

So I focused and it worked. I visioned her at some building with some weird machine you wash your clothes in. God  this world was weird. It was located at Berry Avenue.

I asked a passerby and he directed me to it. After 10 minutes I walked up to the building, which was a store? At least that's what it said on the sign.

I didn't realise the closed sign so I just barged in.

Chloe's POV

"Justin, I can't make it tonight sorry. I came in late and my boss said I had to work late night shift to make up some time."

"Chloe, are you seriously going to work at some cheap laundromat all your life. You're so much better than that."

"Justin your distracting me, I have to go, can you later? Bye."

I hanged up the phone. Justin really loves to talk.

I heard the door open and I wondered who it was. I mean the sign said closed.

I stood by my cash register and saw a tall figure.

"Sir, we're closed. Didn't you read the sign?"

"What sign?"

"The one on the door."

I mean duhhh

The figure suddenly started to approach me. It took me a while to realise who it was. I wish I was dreaming right now.

"You! You blood digester! Get away from me you work of a freak!" I said as I took out my pocket knife.

"I heal fast, it doesn't make sense you kill yourself trying to kill me. Put it down." He said in a gentle tone.

"Well God damn I'll kill myself trying to kill you only to not see your blood sucking face!" I shouted.

God I sounded dumb.

Victor's POV

"The other day, I'm sorry for what happened. It was unexpected."

She stared at me without a response.

"Look..." I walked towards her.

"I'm not going to hurt you. We aren't bad people."

"People? Your fucking immortal creatures!" She shouted at me.

"Ok fucking calm down missy!" I shouted loudly.

She dropped the knife and froze in shock. I took this opportunity to grab her hands and pull her towards me.

She stared up in my face. I mean duh, I  was pretty tall and she's a shortie.

I opened my mouth and she suddenly closed her eyes.

"Just look."

She opened her eyes and looked at me. I opened back my mouth and showed her my perfectly normal teeth.

See, I'm okay. I'm not going to hurt you.

She sighed and stared at the ground.

"My name is Victor, how about you?"

"Chloe."

"That's a very nice name Chloe."

"Thank You, my mom gave it to me."

After that, we both stared in silence. For some reason I wanted to kiss her. Just pin her against that wall and kiss her. I felt my inner freak coming in. But I couldn't. For all I know she's still afraid of me.

As soon as I was about to open my mouth. The door flew open.

Chloe and I turned around just to see a very unwelcomed crew.

Not just a crew. The crew. A pack. The pack.

My enemy's pack.

"Victor, we meet again."

I stared in anger. Boy oh boy. What was I going to do?

(A/N) Thanks for reading. I don't have school all week. I just have Birthday preparations so I'll see if I can do a second update this week. Thanks for reading guys. And keep checking back for more chapters🥴. Enjoy your day🤡.