C H A P T E R ❾

WARNING : this chapter may be triggering for some people so please read with caution, it is going to be discussing statutory rape and and uncomfortable subject, thank you - stormy nature.

"I was about ten years old when my mom meet Soul's dad." I breath out, starting from the very beginning, so he can understand.

"It felt nice meeting Luke's kids, that's my mom's fiancé." I clarify and he nods for me to continue.

"He had just had a kid with his ex, another boy and two daughters. The day we met I got along greatly with Soul, she was sweet and dressed kind of tomboyish." I laugh, remembering the time we were introduced, she was wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt that seemed too big.

"Soul's older sister and brother, Lola and Kayden, didn't pay much attention to my sisters and I. They all moved in almost immediately and it was crazy at how sudden it was. Over the next few years Soul and I started hanging out with her brother more, and our friend Oliver." I pause to figure out how I'm going to continue without crying. I take in a deep breath, while Forty is patient and waits.

"I was fourteen, Kayden was nineteen at the time. We took a trip across country to visit family, Soul and Kayden shared a room with me and there were only two beds. The first night nothing happened, but the second night Soul and I were laying in the bed while Kayden was laying in his. He told me to sleep with him and I wasn't sure why but I did anyways. One thing led to another and he had taken my virginity that night." I cry and lean into Forty's arms as he holds me.

"I told Soul the next day, she was the only one I trusted to know about it. I became attached to him, did anything he asked of me, for two years straight. Until, I turned sixteen and decided it had to end. I was depressed from not being able to be in a real relationship and I was trying not to convince myself that he was using me the whole time, but he was." I whimper and wipe my tears before looking down at my hands.

"I had sent him pictures when things started between us and he threatened to expose them if I stopped what we were doing. Oliver ended up finding out about the whole situation, him and Soul were there for me and once I told them about his threats they told my mom about the whole situation. I had a therapist throughout the time because my dad believed something was wrong, I told my therapist about Kayden and she had to call child services. I wasn't scared of what would happen to him, I was mad at myself for possibly ruining my moms relationship with Luke. Anyways, cops got involved but didn't do shit about any of it because there wasn't enough evidence, even though I had text messages." I look to see Forty's jaw set in place and his hands turned into fists.

"I swear I will kill that fucker." His angry eyes start to make me nervous so I back away from him a little and he frowns at the action.

"I would never hurt you Ophelia, you have got to understand that not everyone out there is like that asshole. But if I do ever see him, I won't hesitate to throw him off a bridge." He pulls me back to him and I looked at him shocked for saying that kind of thing.

"What happened to your mom and Luke?" he looks down at me.

"Their still together, Luke hasn't been the same since but Kayden was kicked out the day my mom found out." I almost smack myself for putting them in that type of situation.

"He won't get away with this, I want you to know that." He seems determined to get avenge me.

"He already did." I smile sadly up at him and he pulls me onto his chest as he lays back on the couch.

I wake up from the sound of knocking at the door and try to remember where I am, as I open my eyes I see and feel Forty beneath me as he tries to get up. I move off of him and sit up on the couch, rubbing my foggy eyes. I probably look like a raccoon from crying so much last night. Good thing it's Saturday so I don't have to worry about being in a rush to go to school.

Forty opens the door and a tall woman with light brown hair saunters in, with a Gucci bag hanging at her side, long white heels and a black professional dress on.

"Please mother, come in." he sarcastically says and rolls his eyes at the woman's behavior. She stops in front of me as I stand up from the comfy sofa to introduce myself.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Ophelia Laine." I smile and reach out to shake her hand, hoping she doesn't notice my crazy hair and messed up make up.

She smiles widely at me in return. "The name's Rose Eden sweetie, you can just call me Rose."

She turns to Forty, "why didn't you tell me you had a guest? I wouldn't have came so early. And why do you both look like you just woke up, it's almost ten in the morning." she laughs and I widen my eyes in surprise. I didn't think we slept that long, although we did get here late from dinner.

"We were on a date last night, when we came back we just passed out on the couch." He shrugs his shoulders and makes his way over to the kitchen to make something.

"Please sit Ophelia, I want to get to know my son's girlfriend better." I blush at the word girlfriend and sit beside her back on the sofa.

"Actually we aren't dating." I look towards the kitchen to see Forty making coffee with his back turned to us, his posture stiffens.

"I'm sorry I just assumed since you guys went out last night and he has talked a lot about you." She too looks at Forty, before facing back to me.

"Anyways, I wanted to invite you and Forty both to our family gathering this evening at our house out of the city." She kindly smiles at me.

"If that is okay with Forty, I would be happy to join." I nod my head in acceptance.

Hey guys, this chapter was really hard for me to write, if there is any grammatical issues please comment where, I'll be happy to fix them. Thank you -stormienature.