Chapter two: Emery

Today was a historic day in the kingdom of Hestia. Many around me spoke to each other excitedly discussing the news around us. The royal wedding. Our princess Anyaval was engaged to Marry Prince Caspian of Erakyleon. It would unite both kingdoms in the magic dimension. The King and Queen had ordered servants to head out and buy as much flowers as possible for the celebration as the whole kingdom would be decorated from top to bottom.

"Look up there Emery!" My friend Lela calls as she points at the sky to reveal a rainbow flower the most beautiful and colourful flower of all. What Hestia is famous for.
"No way did we find a Peroblue flower Lela!" I blurt out in glee clasping my hands together with excitement.
Lela's amber eyes bounce on to me with a smirk on her lips.
"We have to get it!" She Announces
"How!! It's very high up there's no way we are going to be able to fly up there and get it!" I declare at the impossible task
"Who said anything about climbing. Wings are way more useful." She blurts out
"Lela transforming isn't aloud in Hestia without the right training it's frowned upon. I can't even help you if you get caught considering I'm only a human" I remind her.

She giggles placing her arm on my shoulder.
"Relax Emery. You may be a human but it doesn't mean you don't have a perfect pair of eyes to keep a look out." She says suddenly winking at me.
Before I can protest she interrupts by saying one word.
"Lela! magic Charmix!!" She yells as a magic energy surrounds her and lifts her off the ground as her hair floats around magnificently
A flash of light blinds me before fading to reveal Lela in her Charmix form. As she hovers off the ground and her small wings flap very quickly.
Considering Lela is the fairy of Love. Her Charmix is a beautiful red sparkly crop top turtle neck styled with a sparkly high waisted skirt and red boots. Her platinum hair sits around her shoulders beautifully.

"I won't be long Emery remember to keep a look out!" She says as she flies up high into the tree line

"I won't be long Emery remember to keep a look out!" She says as she flies up high into the tree line. I sigh realising I wished I was a fairy too. I felt so left out being the only human in the magix dimension. The Truth is I don't even know how I got here. Apparently I was found outside of an orphanage and that's all I know about my origin but I'm not sure how a human even got here but I did.

As I wait around Lela doesn't seem to be around anymore as she hasn't spoke which is unusual for her.
"Lela?" I question looking at the sky but no answer comes from the love fairy.
"Lela!" I call out again becoming more concerned scanning the tree line for a glimpse of her.
My heart begins to thud with panic has she been caught??? Did they find her??
"BOOOO"
I let out a huge scream as shock spirals through me. Lela begins to laugh as she flies around me circling me.
"Ahahahah I got you!!" She declares pointing at me.
"Yeah yeah real funny! What if someone heard you??" I yelp folding my arms stubbornly
"Relax no one is here!!" Lela announces as she suddenly flashes light around her turning back into her normal form.
"Where is the flower? Did you get it?" I ask
"You mean this?" She declares
"Yay you got it!!!" I gasp with excitement
Suddenly a powerful energy pulls the flower out of Lela's hands as it floats through the air and lands into the hands of another.

Princess Anyaval

"There It is the peroblue rose

"There It is the peroblue rose. I've been searching for a long time for this." She softly says while turning to face away from us as me and Lela are left flabbergasted.
"Excuse me princess Anyaval we found that flower first" I awkwardly say stiffly pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. Her eyes widen and her lips drop a gast slightly as if to say how dare I through an ignorant smirk.
Making me feel very uncomfortable
"But it's my wedding." She whispers with the same amused smirk on her lips

"I'm sorry about her rash behaviour princess forgive us" Lela says linking arms with me forcing me to walk away with her.
"What's your name?" She suddenly asks with curiosity behind her voice.
I pause on my tracks unsure who she is talking to.
"Who me?" I ask turning to face the blonde haired woman.
She simply nods with the same unscathed graceful smile.
"My Name is Emery" I simply reply
"Emery. Short for Emerson. Similar to the name of the missing princess. To my sister. Where you named after her?" She asks
"I'm not sure princess. I was an orphan found outside the streets of Hestia. That's what they decided to name me so I'm assuming so."

"Hm" she simply replies
"I like you Emery. You see I like boldness. Someone who isn't afraid to put me in my place and advise me when I step over the line for a hand maiden. You seem perfect for that position. Do you accept?" Anyaval asks me

I pause as Lela looks at me with excitement in her eyes. I know what she's thinking. We both have never had a place in this world ever. We didn't know how to get around it but being handmaidens give us a place.
"Yes I'll except but only if my friend Lela will become a handmaiden with me." I announce linking hands with my shocked friend.

Another smile grows on her lips but a genuine one.
"Deal"