Chapter five: Anyaval

The Hestia kingdom was so beautiful Ive been here for a few days now but it's so boring. Lela and Princess Anyaval we're currently flying through Hestia in their fairy forms.
Obviously because I'm a Human I couldn't participate. Both had felt terrible and offered not to do it but I insisted not wanting to ruin their fun. Besides it was a beautiful day today so I was free to explore the beaches instead.

Anyaval was beginning to lighten up around me and Lela. We were beginning to form a good friendship. Lela and Anyaval were closer however due to both being fairies.
In a way I felt rather out of place being here. The queen doesn't like me. Maybe I should just leave.

Hestia's blue sun was shining brightly in the sky reflecting on my pale skin. It was refreshing to have some time on my own.
"Come lets race!" A voice from above calls out. I glance up to see two young girls in their fairy forms flying after each other. I sigh. I wonder what I would look like as a fairy?

In the distance the sea catches my eye causing a fresh smile to appear on my lips. In an instant I approach the sand taking off my shoes letting the sand bury in between my toes as my long brown hair sways in the gentle wind.
In moments like these I could enjoy the freedom and peace.

It had been an hour since I first stepped on the beach

It had been an hour since I first stepped on the beach. I had danced on the sand , relaxed and sang my heart out but I was now bored and wanted to explore and decided to take off along the coastline of Hestia.
The sounds of the water crashing against the shore was so incredible and relaxing as my hair beautiful whipped around.

I wonder how long Anyaval and Lela will be. Hopefully not too long now.
My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a voice in the distance my curiosity peaks as I walk towards the sound to my surprise a boy stands on the coast line.
He kicks a pebble into the sea and stares out with a discontent smile on his lips.
He wears a red fountain Uniform and holds a small device as a hologram appears of a young blonde woman on it.

"Caspian my dearest Brother. Go back to the kingdom you cannot spend your time avoiding your future wife." The Hologram says
"I will Diaspro I just need some time. I feel choked here , I need space to breathe it's all becoming too much." Caspian responds in frustration
"Well suck it up! Prince sky can handle the pressure of marrying me so why can't you?" Diaspro snaps.
"I have to go Diaspro." Caspian sighs becoming infuriated with his younger sister hanging up the call.

He looks around in anger that's when I realise he's Prince Caspian the prince that Princess Anyaval is marrying. It looks like I've been ease dropping on the Prince and his sister.
I awkwardly turn away to quietly sneak out of sight before he sees me. My shin crashes into a rock a squeal escapes me as I fall over it and crash into the sea.
The cold of the instantly attacks my body pulling me into shock.
I dive up with a gasp of her as the salt water stings my eyes and the cold air tickles my now wet face.
Well I've done it this time there is no way he doesn't know I'm here.

"Are you okay?" A voice calls by my ear causing my eyes to flicker open in defeat.
Well great.
A shadow blocks out the sunshine as prince Caspian stands down glancing at me with concern on his royal face.
"Y-yeah I'm fine thanks. I just slipped." I respond still sitting in the cold sea like an idiot.
"Here" he softly replies reaching his hand out for me to take.
I Hesitate at first but grasp his large firm hand as he hoists me off the ground easily like I weigh nothing.
"Thank you." I respond meeting his calm sea green eyes that sparkle.

"Were you spying on me?" He asks with a hint of playfulness to his voice

"N-no I was passing by and decided to leave." I blurt out he suddenly begins to laugh at me.
"What?" I ask in confusion
"And you are?" He asks
"Who me? I'm no one. I'm just a hand maiden prince Caspian." I reply trying not to look at him
"Just a hand maiden?" He asks with a raised eyebrow
"Yes." I respond clasping my wet hands together
"Does the hand Maiden have a name?" He asks
"Emery." I reply with a smile on my lips
"Well Emery this is my first time in Hestia if you would like to accompany me on a tour?" He asks me

I instantly hesitate being intimidated by him but the softness on his face convinces me otherwise as I give in.
"Okay" I smile
"Let's go then." He replies

We walk for a few hours lost in deep conversation

"So your marriage to Princess Anyaval?" I ask him causing a sudden awkward tension as he doesn't respond.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you."
I reply suddenly feeling embarrassed for even opening my mouth.
"No it's fine I don't really know your princess that well. It can be overwhelming. It's stupid really."
"No it's not."

"Wait your not a fairy?"
"Nope"
"Then why are you here? In the magix dimension I mean?"
"Well I don't know. I was found at an orphanage as a baby and they named me after the lost princess. Emerson."
"Wow that is rather strange"

"I love Red Fountain. I've been at the college for a year now. It's great but as soon as I marry Anyaval then I need to focus on my duty as a prince instead of my heart as a warrior."
"I totally get it. We live in a world where we want to be something but fate pulls us away from it. I want to be a fairy or an adventurer but fate has made me a stupid human hand maiden. You want to be a warrior. You want to be free to express yourself but fate has decided to make you just a prince"
"Just a prince?"
"Well I mean royalty is great but where is the freedom , excitement and Adventure?"