two

* * * * * *

* * * * * *

ITSUMI's POV
      AFTER MY SHIFT of tense waitering and silent serving, I exchanged my uniforms and bid farewell to Sora - the shift manager. Reaching into my backpack, I took out my headphones and put them on my head before blasting the music from my playlist. With that done, I shoved my hands into my red jacket pockets.

Detouring from my usual route to the house, I walk in the darkened streets towards a grocery store. The neon lights of neighboring shops and overhead street lamps flash over me, enough to cast visibility in the night. Glancing around me, I notice that the streets are more lively than before. Then, there was barely anyone, but now, people decorate the darkened streets as they do their everyday tasks.

Not saying anything and just listening to my music, I pass a group of scantily dressed women as they stand huddled together. Seeing as I usually walk these streets at this time, they know me by mere routine. I see acknowledgement in their eyes as they look at me, and I nod in recognition, bidding them a silent greetings. As I continue on, I pass the drug dealer standing at the edge of his claimed alley way. I say and do nothing when I watch him successfully sell a batch of meth to his regular customer.

After several minutes of walking uptown, I finally arrive at the grocery shop that I cashier at. Working here allows me to get some discounts on my shopping, so fortunately I won't spend as much as I were to go to another store. Grabbing a small shopping cart, I scout through the aisles and take the basic necessities. Milk, check. Bread - obviously wheat, check. Rice, check. Vegetables - a variety, check. Eggs, check. Chicken breasts, check. Beef - a variety, cheek. And fish - again a variety, check.

As the items are checking out, I quickly glance at my phone and see the time, 23:09. Sighing, I put my phone away and look up, watching as the total price go up with each item. With the last item getting scanned, the cashier - Hoshiko, smiles at me.

"That would be 3,582 yen, Midoriya," he tells me.

I nod before giving him my employee card. I watch as he scans it, the price dropping as well.

"Okay, your total is 2,049 yen," Hoshiko informs.

This time I slide my debit card, paying the discounted amount.

He smiles as the payment gets approved. "Midoriya, do you need help carrying out. I can call someone to help you," he asks.

Giving a tight smile, I shake my head. "No, thanks, Hoshiko, I got it handled." I state whilst grabbing all the bags.

"Alright, see you tomorrow then! Have a nice night," he waves me off as I walk away.

"You too," I simply say.