Chapter 3

Senku was alive. He was running around and bringing all sorts of inventions back into play and at  astonishing speed, as Hyoga reported

Talk had turned to Taiju and Yuzuriha, his high school friends. It was agreed that they would be allowed to continue about their routine as normal, but they would be watched. There was no other choice that wouldn't give away any information. Though the Kingdom of Science and Tsukasa's Empire had the same communication issues.

"Hey, Nikki." Kim sat next to the blonde. She hummed her response. "Where do Taiju and Yuzuriha go when they leave the compound?"

"They made a grave for their friend." She shrugged. "I don't think his body is there, but..." She took a bit of whatever animal they had been cooking.

"Oh." Nikki offered her a bite, Kim shook her head. " Where is it?" Nikki glanced at her, confused.

"Why do you wanna know?" She asked roughly.

"I'm just curious. I don't wonder far from this area and thought it would make a good landmark in case I wanted to go for a walk." She gave a small smile. "I get lost easily. I got no sense of direction." Kim tapped her temple and Nikki chuckled.

"I'll let you tag along next time they go."

"Thanks, sweetheart." Hopefully it was soon, though it wasn't public knowledge that Senku was alive, having a physical object to talk to would be nice.

Later that night, Kim layed in her makeshift bed. Cuddled up in her cloak and a fur that one of the men had given her to stay warm, she couldn't help think back on when she had first met the little nerd.

-

"Kimmy!" Her mother called out the window of they're kitchen. "Get out of that tree. You have a new friend." The young girl, about 8 years old, scrambled down the trunk of the tree she had been hiding in.

"Mom!" She yelled out. "Robbie broke my nerf guns!"

"No I didn't!!" Her older brother screamed back from his fort. His disheveled brown head popped out of  the window. "She threw it at me."

Kimmy stuck her tounge out at the boy as she ran inside. She raced through the kitchen to their front room, skidding to a halt when she saw the new people standing by the door.

"There you are!" Her mom smiled. "These are our neighbors, Mr. Byakuya and his son, Senku." The other man smiled and waved at her, while the boy crossed his arms an gave her a disapproving look.

"What happened to your face?" He asked, pointing out her black eye.

"My brother punched me after I killed him and his space ship." The boy perked up slightly. "How old are you, anyway? You're pretty short." Kimmy stood next to her mother, mimicking Senku's stance. He huffed.

"Senku's five. I thought it would be a good idea to meet our new neighbors and make friends." His dad smiled. The two kids eyeballed each other before Kimmy ran off. She returned shortly with two broken nerf guns, handing one to Senku.

"Do you know how to fix these? I need them so I can have a photon pistol to beat my brother in our galactic war." Senku grabbed it and turned it over in his hands. "He broke them after I shot him in the face. And then I took over his ship and kicked him out of the airlock." She smiled widely.

"I can." Senku sat down next to his father's foot and began fiddling around with the plastic gun. "But, only if I can play too." Kimmy kneeled down in front of him.

"Sure! You can be on my team."

-

The weather began to cool down, winter was approaching. Kim frowned. She was so cold during fall already, how was she going to stay warm during winter.