Back story (the beginning)

Hi my name is Ava and my life isn't very interesting. I live in a small town in New York. Preferably on the poor side. New York is a very expensive place to live unless you have the money. Both my parents make a good amount of money but all we can afford is a small apartment. For months my parents have been looking for a house to buy and they finally found one but it's in North Carolina. I accepted the offer only because I knew it'll be better for me and my family. The only thing I'll really miss is my school and my best friend Laura. At least at my new school I'll still get to play volleyball and hopefully get to meet new people. I started to gather up my things in my room. I didn't really have much to pack since my room was pretty small. I was ready to take on this new challenge and start a new chapter in my life. I said all my goodbyes to my friends and some family.

Max:
I was heading to school as usual and was getting ready. I headed to my kitchen to get some cereal and  scrolled through social media. Once i was all done with that I grabbed the keys to my car and headed outside. I noticed the house next to me was sold. I was surprised because it has been on the market for a couple of months and I thought no one would bother to buy it. I'm sure it's an old couple who moved in. Oh well. I drove off to school to get my day started and done with since it was Friday.

Ava:
Once everything was packed the truck started to head to our new destination. Me and my parents took a flight so it'll be much easier to get there. We would arrive Saturday morning and the truck would arrive later that night. Once we got to North Carolina we took a lyft to our new home since our car wasn't coming till later. I saw our house and was amused it was beautiful. It was an average home but meant so much more to me since my living conditions weren't the best in NY. I was so happy. I headed into my new room and was in love. I had so many ideas for my room and couldn't wait. Our neighbors invited us for dinner which is really sweet of them so I'll be heading there later.

Max:
I noticed that our new neighbors were here but I didn't have time to introduce myself since I was gonna go out with a few of my friends. My parents asked me if i wanted to stay for dinner since they were coming over later to join us and I said I couldn't since Saturday's are for the boys. I got ready and left.

Ava:
Later that day me and my parents headed to the Dresslers house. They were really sweet and welcoming. They asked me if i was ready to start school on Monday and I said yes I'm just a bit nervous. They asked me what grade I was in and I said I'm in 11th grade and I'm 16. They said they have a son in my grade as well he just wasn't there for dinner since he went out. It was all good tho I'll meet him eventually. Soon enough I had to head home since the moving trucks were coming soon to unload.