Chapter 10

After weeks of being in recovery in the hospital and physical therapy, Sierra was starting to feel like herself again. Her parents visited her everyday and made her feel better.

Harvey stopped by every once in a while to check on her. He wanted to give her space to think about his offer. She thought about it everyday and wasn't sure exactly what to do.

When she was finally able to leave the hospital, she went to Harvey's house ready to give him her answer.

She knocked on the door, nervous to talk to him. He opened the door and was happy to see her back in good health.

"Why hello there Sierra. It's good to see you. Please come in," he stood aside letting he in.

"Thank you," she said stepping inside. It felt strange to be back in the house. All the memories, good and bad, came flooding back.

"How are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm doing ok. My strength is coming back but it's still hard to do a lot of things. It all takes time I guess," she gave him a small smile.

"So...have you come to a decision?" He asked anxiously. He didn't want to lose her but he wouldn't keep her from her freedom if that's what she truly wanted.

"Yes I did. I'm not exactly sure how to say this," she paced back and forth making him even more anxious.

She continued, "I care about you, I really do. And after everything you told me, I understand you more and why you did the things you did. I forgive you for everything you've done, but I can't forget it. I want to be with someone who will treat me right from the start. I don't want to wonder and worry if you'll ever go back to the way you used to be. I hope you don't hate me."

He felt as if his heart was being shattered into a million pieces. This was the exact feeling he was trying to avoid. But it was his own fault so he had no one to blame but himself.

He walked up to her and pulled her into his arms, hugging her tight. "I could never hate you."

She hugged him back. They embraced for a while, wanting to enjoy the moment, knowing they may never see each other again.

Harvey pulled away, "Alright well I'll send you the divorce papers in the mail then. I hope that you find what you're looking for." He gave her a smile smile even though he was dying inside.

"Thank you for everything Harvey. You're a really good and special guy," she kissed him on the cheek then turned to leave.

He watched her walk away, wanting so badly to beg her to stay.

******************************************

Sierra moved back into her parents house. With the rest of the money Harvey had given them, they invested it and are now making more money than they ever had before. They moved into a bigger and better home, living a nice lavish life.

Sierra took her job back as a waitress not wanting to mooch off of her parents forever. She was miserable almost every day. She couldn't stop thinking about Harvey. She felt stupid for not taking him back, but she wanted a normal relationship. Not one that had been tainted with rules and punishments.

One night when she was lying in her bedroom watching tv, she heard a noise at her window. She muted the tv, waiting to hear what the noise was. A tiny pebble came clashing against her window pane. She stood up confused, walking to the window seeing who was throwing rocks.

Her heart skipped a beat as she saw Harvey down below. She opened up her window and whispered loudly as it was past midnight, "Harvey? What are you doing here?"