Chapter 7.1: More Interruptions

Zac's POV

"I gotta go, mom," I said quickly. "Isabella reached out to me."

"Okay," she giggled. "I'm really proud of you, honey."

"Zac? Are you there?"

I hung up and quickly responded to Isabella.

"I'm here. Sorry I didn't respond right away. I was. . . I was on the phone with my mom."

"Aww," she cooed. "How is she?"

"She's good," I chuckled, nervously running my fingers through my hair. "She. . . I told her about you."

"You did?" She stuttered.

"Of course I did, darling," I soothed her. I walked over and sat on my couch, imagining her with me. "She adores you, by the way."

"Really?" Isabella's voice was soft. I could almost picture how red her cheeks were.

"Yep," I chuckled. "She especially loved that you're a teacher. She teaches middle school math so the fact that my Soulmate is a teacher made her incredibly happy."

"Your mom's a teacher?" Isabella repeated.

"She is," I hummed. "Until she married my dad. After they got divorced she went back to work."

"That's amazing," she said softly. She cleared her throat before adding, "I told my parents too."

"That's great," I smiled. "You mentioned that your dad owns a diner?"

"He does," she chuckled. "Our family has owned it for almost 50 years. I've spent a lot of time either in the corner booth doing homework or helping my mom serve the tables."

"That's really cool, Isabella. Maybe I'll have to eat there sometime."

"I hope you do," she said softly.

"Why are you sitting on the couch, staring at nothing like an idiot?"

I jumped at the voice. I looked up to see Dylan standing in the doorway. He smirked as he closed the door and sat on the armchair.

"You're talking to your Soulmate," he said in a teasing tone.

"Get out of here," I groaned.

"What?"

"Not you!" I said quickly. "I'm sorry, darling. My brother came into the room and made a smartass comment."

I let out a sigh of relief as she laughed.

"By that smirk, I know exactly what you two are doing," Dylan said in a voice that made me want to punch him. "How dirty is she? I bet that little teacher has a dark side. That's how most adult films start. The sexiest ones at least."

"Please tell me you can't hear him," I said to Isabella.

"I don't think these connections work that way," she giggled.

"That's a relief," I sighed. I cleared my throat before turning to Dylan. "Dude, get the hell out of here."

He put his hands up in defense as he walked into his room. I let out a sigh of relief when his bedroom door closed.

"Sorry about that, darling," I cleared my throat. "My brother can be super inappropriate at times."

"I'd like to meet him."

"I don't think that's a good idea," I said quickly, making her laugh. "He's extremely inappropriate and makes everything into a sex joke."

"Oh boy," she giggled. Suddenly, she stopped laughing.