~12~

Glimmer's POV:

The smell of fresh coffee filled the room. Soft music accompanied it. It felt like dream that she wished not to wake up from. But unfortunately, the shock of being in another's bed washed away the novelty.

Glimmer stretched and sat up. She stared at the mirror.

Still in last nights clothes, huh?

Looking around, she noticed countless crumpled up papers overflowing the tiny trash bin. She uncrumpled one, revealing a messy sketch of three smiling people, one clearly Catra. This made Glimmer smile to herself, but guilty for poking around the room.

"Glimmer? The coffee's ready!" Catra called from presumably the kitchen She pocketed the paper, not knowing what else to do.

Glimmer staggered out of the room, finally feeling the aftereffects of last night's drinking. "God I need this," Glimmer admitted.

Catra giggled, and took a sip of coffee. Glimmer then realized she had changed. 

"I also made eggs, but I can't guarantee you won't die after eating them," 

"I'm sure they'll be great," Glimmer smiled, "And if they're not, there's a cafe nearby."

Catra held back laughter, "Wow, so rude!"

"You're the one who invited me here, so don't complain. That reminds me, what happened last night?" Glimmer remember some stuff, but after one point in the night, her memory became foggy.

"You're going to want to sit down,"

"Oh god,"

"Oh chill, it wasn't that bad, you just called your ex,"

"Wait. Adora?"

"Yes Adora! How many exes do you have?"

Glimmer stayed silent.

"Wait, oh my god! Who else did you date?"

"That's not the point! Just tell me what happened."

"Well, you apologized, but thats all I remember... I was pretty wasted,"

"Ugh, why did I let myself get drunk!"

The chance of Glimmer seeing Adora was exceedingly high, especially because she lived near her.

Glimmer took a bite of her eggs.

"Huh, this is pretty good,"

"You're surprised aren't you?"

"You know it."

Catra's POV:

Catra wasn't going to lie to herself, calling Scorpia and Entrapta would be nice. She missed them, and while Glimmer was great, she just couldn't replace them, even if she wanted to. She spent what felt like countless hours writing and re-writing texts she could send, but each one ended with something going wrong.

She knew calling Double Trouble wouldn't work. They never answered unless you had money. Which she couldn't blame them for. But their last interaction with Catra is the one that befuddled her. Did they expose her to help her learn from her mistakes and grow, or were they leading her on from the start.

Catra never wanted to believe the second, more likely option.

Glimmer's POV: 

Glimmer held an ice pack up against her head. The headache got worse the longer she had it. She was about to take a pain killer, but there was a knock at the door.

 Please don't be Adora, please don't be Adora, please don't be Adora,

It was Adora, standing at the door, flowers in her hand.