Chapter 9

Gloria walked away from the battlefield, leaving Hop to stare at her in shock. He couldn't belive what just happened.

I've won... But at what cost? He thought, but they did promise to still be close as ever... right?

Hop was both happy and in worried. He knew he wanted to be champion, he knew he wanted to win, but... He couldn't live with himself if he knew he lost his best friend just because of this.

He shook his head and walked away. He needed time to get his mind off of things. After all, his battle with Leon was just gonna start.

Timeskip...

He was ready. He knew he wanted to face off his brother, he knew he wanted to win. But he couldn't help but worry about Gloria.

A staff member then called his name to inform him that he could now head onto the stadium.

Hop quietly thanked him, walking away with anxiousness flowing throughout his body. He felt really nervous, but he shook it off, ignoring the anxious feeling and continued to walk onto the battlefield.

He looked at his brother with a determined expression, but deep inside, he felt really nervous and he doubted every choice that he made.

"Well...little bro, I guess you kept up to your promise. You're just a step closer to your dream. But before that, you'll have to go through, me!" Leon said in his signature tone of voice.

Hop felt even more nervous, so he looked around. He saw Gloria, who was wearing his jacket and giving him a thumbs-up of encouragement.

Seeing Gloria in the crowd, supporting him made him feel like he could do anything.

But unfortunately, things took a turn.

The Championship Match was unexpectedly interupted by Chairman Rose.

Everyone was in shock and looked at the screen in suprise. Hop looked back at the crowd where Gloria was, only to ser that she's not there.

Hop's mind went blank, but he only understood one thing that the Chairman said on the screen.

"We've realesed Eternatus." Those words were the only thing that Hop fully understood.

Both Hop and Leon ran from the stadium, both going the same way. Leon went ahead, giving Hop time to quickly change his clothes.

Hop ran after Leon, only to see that had already went to Hammerlocke.

He quickly ran outside, only to see Gloria, frantically looking for him. Once Gloria had spotted him, she quickly made her way toward him.

Gloria grabbed Hop's hand tightly.

"Let's go!"

The two whistled for a flying taxi and made their way to Hammerlocke.