Chapter 26

Hop went back to Slumbering Weald and walked up to the arc as usual. This time he brought something special, a Nintendo Switch and a copy of Smash Bros. Ultimate and some extra joycons that Leon owned, but he borrowed.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Hop asked. Suddenly a sound of leaves rustling occurred from a near by tree.

Gloria's head poked out for the tree. She was hanging from her legs whilst upside-down. "You're back!"

Hop was startled, "O-oh! Hey!"

Hop noticed something different, instead of her eye dripping with a black liquid, it was instead normal.

Gloria drifted down to his level, she was like an excited Corvisquire flying around.

"I actually brought something for you." Hop smiled.

"Oh? Why I'm flattered! What is it?" Gloria happily answered.

Hop pulled out a Nintendo Switch from his bag, he also got out the joycons. He didn't care she broke on of them, he had enough money to buy more.

Hop set it up on the grass, and handed her the extra joycons to her. Gloria looked at them curiously and asked "What... Are they?"

"Those are joycons. They're basically controllers for the switch. And ypu hold them like this." Hop said as he gently grabbed her hands and wrist to adjust the way she was holding the controlers.

His was so close to her, and she felt her non-existent heart start to pound.'Wh-what is this feeling?!'

"... And then you... " Gloria wasn't focused on whatever Hop was saying.

"Understand?"

"Huh? Oh, of course!"

Hop smiled and taught Gloria the controls of Smash. She was getting a quick hang of it. Hop was glad because both of them used to play together alot.

Timeskip...

After a maybe more than a hundred games, the sun was as slowly starting to set and it soon became dark. Gloria was surprisingly good at Smash, and beat Hop multiple times with 3 stocks.

"You've won, good game!"

Hop's phone suddenly vibrated, it was a text from Sonia.

// hey! it's getting dark, where r u?

Hop looked at the time with his phone
8:37 PM.

"Oh, it is already getting dark." Gloria looked up at the sky.

Gloria faced Hop, "I think it's time for you to go now." Gloria smiled softly.

Hop fixed up his things and said one last goodbye before running off. Espeon then approached from the bushes and purred as she rubbed against her hand.

"Oh?" Gloria gigled a bit as she embraced her psychic-type buddy.

Espeon cried, which Gloria understood what she said. "I suppose. Although, I do not know him thoroughly yet."

"Soon."