Chpt 3 The Truth

Noiz's POV

"Naomi, Naomi wake up already...." I stood in front of her kakebuton [A.N: Japanese bed comforter] with an exasperated look. She looked like she was drugged and then tossed violently onto her bed without the comfort of her blankets. I felt truly sorry for the Inns maids that had to clean this room, Naomi wasn't the best at keeping things tidy. She's restless like an animal sometimes...

Now that I actually think about it, I've never really lived with Naomi in the same room as her. It's definitely a strange change, but I don't mind.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. She had her mouth open as she snored, making some type of gurgling sound like she was choking.

"Naomi... Naomi you'd better wake up before I'm done getting ready." Your probably thinking, 'Why don't you just forcefully wake her up?' Well, you should know that not everyone is a happy riser, mostly around six in the morning -- besides me of course.

Well, not happy, but entitled to waking up early.

Brushing my teeth, I heard shuffling inside the bedroom before a familiar figure walked into the bathroom. I glanced over to Naomi, toothbrush hung in my mouth as she lazily put toothpaste on own her brush, and copied my actions. My lips pulled a small smile. A good start to the morning.

After we took turns in the shower, we got dressed and decided to eat out for breakfast.

...

"Where do you wanna go?" I looked over her expectantly. She shrugged.

We were walking down a street that seemed full of life, a ton of people were early risers and out-and-about, though it wasn't crowded like Tokyo. Not even close. It felt nice, peaceful. Too peaceful I almost forgot about the body, but it seemed as though it had already been moved and cleaned up before we rose. Not that I would ask when or who had known.

Naomi continued to walk side by side with me as she yawned and answered my question lazily. "Well, I don't really know this place."

"Well, me neither... I guess we can ask someone." I started to walk towards one of the stands to ask, but Naomi caught my arm, hauling me back to her. I glanced over to her. "What?"

"Found this cool peach tree out in the field," Her hands folded behind her head in a casual manner. "Saw some ripe ones there, no one seemed to work near there too."

"What are you suggesting?" I asked over to her, momentarily gazing toward some steaming cinnamon buns.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "It's not that hard to figuring out Noiz, peach tree, no one works around there, ripe fruits..." She stretched the pause, now it was my turn to roll my eyes, but I smiled.

"When'd you have time to find a peach tree?" She shrugs nonchalantly, and smiles.

"I always have time, now let's go and find that tree."

Smiling, I followed her down the dirt streets and out into the wheat fields. The sun was already above the west mountains and created plenty of light to brighten the fields. A low summer breeze blew gently over the crops, it was sort-of mesmerizing to see.

"Found it!" My eyes widened at the sight. A huge green-leafed tree stood proudly, towering above us easily. Peaches the size of two fists covered it almost completely, making it have a strange willow-like tilt on the branches. The tree was huge, and intimidating.