32

Chapter 32

Soon they all began to bombard Beam with numerous questions

Yiwah: "What's wrong son?" .....

Kit: "What was Forth doing here in your room?" .....

Pha: "What exactly is wrong with you?" .....

The questions followed each other nonstop. Finally Beam cut in.

"Guy's how do you expect me answers all these questions at a go?"

Beam "Well... I fell off from my bed and hurt my hip side down to my legs"

(Me: Beam you are such a pathetic liar... hahahahaha since when did you start telling lies like this?)

Yiwah: "Did anything happen between you and him?". Pha and Kit only sat down staring at Beam with excited faces, waiting for answers. None came from Beam. Infact he didn't even know where to begin from, what to tell them. He had just told a lie. How could he take his words back?

Since they brought along some juices and snacks so Yiwah made her way to the kitchen to put them in the refrigerator. Beam wanted to visit the toilet to pee, but he was afraid that his friends would try to guess what was wrong with by his walking.

Trying to neither whimper nor wince from the pain he was feeling, he slowly held on to the sofa and got up. Pha and Kit's eyes followed him as he got up from the sofa. As Beam made his way to the toilet, they realised he couldn't walk properly.

They looked at each other and burst into laughter. When they heard the toilet door open, they stopped laughing and pretended that there was nothing wrong. Beam sat down, picked up the remote control and put on the TV.

The door bell rang again.

"I think it's Ming and Yo... Sorry Beam we forgot to tell you that our boyfriends would be joining us on this visit".

Kit got up and opened the door. Truly it was Ming and Yo. They entered and went straight to greet Beam and took their seats beside their partners. Yiwah was apparently preparing to serve the snacks.

Beam was surely dead meat today. If Ming and Yo were present at this gathering, then he has lost face in advance.

"Snacks are readyyyy", Yiwah called out as she set a large food tray on the centre table. Then she sat on the floor right by Beam. The company of a sister, two best friends and their boyfriends started chatting happily. They had a lot to talk about and share. They even teased one another on many different topics. Soon the issue of what Forth was doing in Beam's room came up again. Ming and Yo burst into laughter, and were eagerly jeering Beam on to tell them his story.

"... Well we met at a party last night...Yiwah was even there..."

Yiwah "But I left earlier"

".....You guys know that .... well Forth has been having these strange feelings for me. So, at the party we all got a little drunk, then afterwards... I... we... we had....". Beam couldn't finish his story out of embarrassment.

All of them shouted "Oooiii!". Ofcourse they all quickly guessed what happened next.

"So, you're not better than me now. Guess we are all equal now so you can't even tease me!", Kit said proudly. They all lifted their glasses of juice up and clinged them in a 'cheers'. Beam was drinking water instead.

"Wow, I can't believe that you and Forth are a couple now", Yo said smiling. Beam bowed down his head and shook it slowly.

"What? You mean not yet?", they all shouted together.

"Well he hasn't proposed to me yet. We just happened to be together last night."

Then Beam lifted up his and sudden smile crossed is lips and face "He prepared breakfast for me when we woke up this morning. The he went to get some groceries to prepare lunch for me".

"Oooiii!". All the boys shouted excitedly. Pha was very happy within that things had turned out well between Forth and Beam. He hoped that his best friend wouldn't reject Forth's proposal.

It's been a while since all of them got together like this, especially with their partners present. The six of them chatted away happily. Beam was very careful not make moves that could aggravate his pains. Despite the cheerful mood they were all in, he was rather calm because his lower side was still sore and hurting. They quietened down for a while. Then an unexpected question popped up from Kit.

"So, does your back side hurt? Is it sore?"

Ming immediately covered Kit's mouth with his palms, but he still wanted to say more.

Then Yiwah also chipped in "How did you know that Kitty?... aaaaaaaaaah you've had that same experience before, yes?".

Ming's face changed colours, from red to black and then bloody red.

Pha "Um... did I miss anything here?"

They all burst into laughter again. At this point Ming had already removed his palms from Kit's mouth. Yo and Kit opened their mouth at the same time as if to say something. Then Pha and Ming shouted together

"Shut up both of you!".

This time it was Beam who couldn't control himself any longer so, he burst into a loud laughter.

"Oh my... Kit you and Ming did it? ....and you too Yo?'". It was Pha's turn to be embarrassed. Pha had already frozen.

Ming was staring at Yo with his eyes widely open. He also burst into a roar of laughter. It was very irritating.

"Wait you too? Really!? Oh my... I can't believe my ears".

All the deeds done in secret by these friends had been exposed now. There was nothing to do or say; no defense.

They continued to chat and eat and drink merrily. There was nothing to be shy or afraid of anymore. What cracked them up was the lie Beam had told them earlier about falling down from his bed.

"I hate you guys so much", Beam suddenly said smiling.

"We hate you more", they all responded. Beam thought they would all gather in a hug around him just like they did sometimes. But to his surprise they all turned to their partners and hugged them, and kissed them. Then Yiwah gave her son a bear hug to compensate his sadness and disappointment.

Then they decided to watch a movie together. As if by default they had already paired up in their sitting arrangements. Yiwah was seated in between his son's feet on the carpet. There was a large bowl of popcorn and chips on the table as well as more juice.

What great company it was.

*************************