• The man in the middle •

It was almost getting to midnight. Leila Had just gotten on the old subway train at Main Street after a visit to her mother.
"I shouldn't worry" Lelia told herself. "The subway is safe.The police men around here are always on duty." But on this night she didn't see at least one.
The subway was empty,except for her. She got on and sat down.
The subway had moved minutes on by but at Main Street three tough and older looking men got on.
Strangely two of them were holding up the man in the middle, who looked really drunk. His head rolled from side to side, and his legs looked like they refused to work.
When they got him seated between them, the middle mans head feel to a rest on one of his shoulders. His eyes stared deeply at Lelia so she thought he was staring at her. She looked out of the window and tried not to notice much. At Main street one of the men stood up.
"Take it easy,Jeff",he said to the man in the middle, and he made his way off.
At Main Street, Jeff's other friend stood up.
" You'll be fine," he said as he got off.
Now the the only people left on the car were Jeff and Lelia.
Just then the train went around a sharp bumpy curve, and Jeff fell to Lelia's feet. First she looked at the chair and noticed a big blood stain and chunks of what looked like a brain....she slowly looked down horrified...She saw a trickle of blood on the side of his neck and she proceeded to look up. On the side of his head, just above it, a bullet hole.