bud

"the transition from growing leaves to forming buds"

✿ 

"Thank you for the flowers." he said. 

"Hey.. can we be friends"she ask.

"You want to be friends?"

"O-of course." she said, her face warm, blushing. He nodded and walked away, not thinking his words meant anything to her, but they meant everything! y/n knows that their actions were minimal, but she had spent months just watching him, admiring him. It felt amazing to get this recognition. y/n smiled to herself, thinking about him. He will love her, she knows he will, why else would he do such kind things?

She'll prove to her parents, that love is very much possible, even with this quirk. They just never had the heart to make it work. But she is determined, more than anything in the whole world.

✿ 

y/n grabs lunch and sit next to him, feeling warm and fuzzy. "There's a flower on you, dipshit!" Bakugou says. Todoroki goes to grab the flower, picking it up. "It's pretty." she smile, "Yeah, I do my best to study flowers, even though they aren't that useful."

"A garden isn't meant to be useful, it's meant for joy." He responds, observing the flower, returning it back to me.

Joy.. He's right. It's not that y/n's garden ever changed her world, but y/n could fall asleep, covered in those flowers. They made y/n happy, they helped her forget about the real world pain she felt. He was perfect for her, absolutely perfect! He loved flowers, surely, he would love y/n too. y/n could make him happy, y/n could make his mother happy. Grow her a garden.. it would be lovely.

she could feel, that deep within her heart. Love started blooming, admiration had changed. His defense had slightly warmed and y/n moved closer.

y/n thought she could control her feelings, but flowers were now growing slowly every now and then. Her mother, too, had noticed, but y/n ignored whatever she might say. the flowers smelled warm and sweet, much like him. They were red and white in color, with the occasional pink. y/n wished it wasn't so obvious, but Todoroki was absolutely oblivious. It's not that others knew it was love, but there was definitely a connection between the two of them that had been growing.

He wasn't very talkative, but he let her cling to him. She began to understand him better, like learning all the little facts and y/n got to see his personality with a different view. While Todoroki was still cold by nature, a part of him was warm, slowly setting y/n's heart ablaze.

In a few weeks, perhaps a month, they had gotten closer than she could ever imagine. y/n doubted that he would ever love her so quickly, so y/n kept her distance and just stayed friends. 

But y/n knew that we were becoming closer. He was almost within her reach!