Chapter 4: Succesful Escape

My face is wet with tears. I wipe them off on my sleeve. I can't wait to get out of here. At least we have a doctor with us now. I start going down the stairs, it looks like it never ends. I reach the main floor and stop. The guard was right, a bunch of guards are surrounding the entrance. The back doors is open though. We might get caught trying to get away. It's worth it. I don't want to die in 3 years, I don't want my friends to die, I don't want my sister to die, and I didn't want my parents to die. But they are already gone. I miss them so much. I sprint over to the back door and push it open. Two guards stand in my way, which I shoot. They collapse to the ground. I find myself outside in a city. I do know where I am, and I don't wish to be here. I want to be back in the woods, with everyone. I want the world to go back to normal. I walk in the alley ways between buildings. It is so easy to get lost. Especially since I don't own a map of the city. There are a lot of walkers in the city. Innocent people have died, because of some outbreak of some disease. I hear footsteps coming from behind us. I turn around thinking it was a walker. But standing at the other end of the alley way wasn't a walker.