Chapter 1: First Day

•Kira•
"Hey! Let me go!" I yell at the man who pulled me inside.
"You are in cell G-36" he says.
"What? Where am I?" I demand.
"You are in a testing lab. We are all scientists here. We are trying to make a cute to this disease." He says.
"And how do you test humans? They don't have the disease." I say.
"Well they aren't alive when we test them." He says, looking down at his clipboard.
"So you just kill innocent people!?!?!" I scream. "That isn't right!!! Why don't you just bring walkers in here?!?!"
"Calm down." I says. "We've tried that before. It didn't work. We lost many good men and women trying that."
"And what's your name?" I ask.
"I'm Dr. Patrick." He says.
"Okay." I say calming myself a little bit. "I am going to have to ask you to step into this room with me for a minute." Said Dr. Patrick.
"What for?" I ask.
"Just a few questions" he says.
"Okay." I say while stepping into the room.
"What's your name?" He asks.
"I'm Kira."
"How old are you."
"14"
"Do you have any parents?"
"Yes they came here with me."
"Okay, thank you very much." He gets up like he is about to leave, then turns back around. " By the way we had to take your weapons from you."
I sighed
"Okay." I say.
"Follow me." Says Dr. Patrick while taking me to my cell. It's not very colorful like that little girls room. It's gray and had a blue blanket with a yellow pillow. There's and toilet, sink, my bed, a desk and chair. And a window. I walk over and look out the window, the view is amazing!
"Hey good news." Says Dr. Patrick. I jump a little. "You won't be tested until you are 18 so you have four years yet."
"What about my parents?" I ask.
"I don't know, but I will let you know as soon as possible." He says.
"Okay." For some reason I fell like I can trust him. When he speaks he sounds gentle and caring.
"Can you let me know about my sister, Morgan, and Katie too?" I ask.
"Sure." He says. He then leaves my cell and I go to lay down in my bed. It's surprisingly comfy, and I've never been this tired in all of my life. I close my eyes and start to drift off to sleep.