Chapter 3: Trying the Plan

I grab my family and friends and head down to Dr.Patrick's office.
"Hello." He says.
"Hi." I say busy grabbing weapons.
"Your welcome for grabbing the weapons, I almost got killed" he says.
"Well I'm sorry that u almost got killed, but thanks." I respond.
"How much longer do we have to wait?" Morgan whines.
"Not much longer. Are any guards coming?" I ask.
"Not at the moment." Replies my dad.
I grab my old gun and knife off Dr.Patrick's wooden desk. I look out into the hallway and it is silent. Also pitch black which helps. It's really quiet though, which makes our feet against the hard wooden floor sound louder than normal. Talking comes from down the hall and I tell everyone to go back in the room.
"I swear that people are missing from their cells." Said one guard to another.
"I highly doubt it. It takes a lot of skill to get out of here." Said the guard in gray. "There are guards surrounding this place. If they even are trying to escape."
The two guards walked down the hallway talking.
"Now." I whisper back at them.
We all pile into the hallway and look around to see if anyone is watching. Dr. Patrick comes up to me and lays a hand on my shoulder. I jump. I didn't realize he was there.
"I know a way to the staircase, it is right down the hall." He whispers.
And sure enough when I glance down the hall there is an exit sign. It isn't lit up, but I can see it through the moonlight coming through the window.
"This way." I whisper and start walking down the hall. Our footsteps make us seem much louder than we actually are. It sounds like there are more of is then there actually is. I look back to see my parents smiling at me.
"We love you, Kira." Says my mom. With tears in her eyes. She doesn't even hug me.
"Mom? Dad?!?! What's going on!?!?!" I ask between sobs.
"We've been bit." My dad says. I fall down on my knees and start sobbing. I hear footsteps from down the hall. My parents and a gun to me, and a gun to Tiffany. We take off down the hall. I hear a gunshot. I don't look back.