three

"Do you wanna know one thing I regret?" Marina asks me after I finish cutting the potatoes.

"Sure. What is it?" I start seasoning them to place them in the oven.

"I regret going to college."

"We came to America with the boys. We're having a good time, aren't we?"

She hops off the counter and hugs me from behind. "Yeah I know. But it feels like a missing piece in my life. Not going to a school after school."

I give her a look.

"You know what I mean." She says after I place the potatoes in the oven.

"Yes. I do." I hug her again. "Let's watch something while that cooks." I start to walk away and pull her along.

"Wait, are you only making potatoes? For dinner?" She questions.

"Yes? What else would I make?" I ask.

"Oh I don't know... Maybe some meat?!"

I roll my eyes. "Anyways! You can always go to school. I'm not stopping you."

"Gee thanks," She says in a monotone.

I pull her close and kiss the top of her head. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

-

"Oh my god, the potatoes!" I shout and jump off the couch and run into the kitchen to smell something burning.

Marina and I have fallen asleep after watching a couple minutes of TV.

She comes hopping in, her curls bouncing. Her jaw drops and her hand covers it. I quickly get the potatoes out of the oven.

"Oh no. Luke." She holds her hand over her chest in hurt. "I'm so sorry. This is my fault. I fell asleep first! I didn't let you sit up. I'm such a-"

I run up to her and hold my finger to her lips to hush her. "It's not your fault. I think we just understand I'm shit at cooking."

She laughs.

"Chinese take out sound good?" I chuckle.

She nods her head and we get dressed for the cold.

-------------------

Ok. Marina looks like tori.
This chapter is shit. Sorry. :((((((

<3