four

"Guys. It's almost Christmas time. I want to do something special for Marina but I don't know what." I groan and throw the ball back up into the air.

"When's the last time you guys had sex?" Michael asked, not looking away from the video game.

"Bro." Calum said next to him.

"I don't know. Like a week ago?" She was on her lady days this week so we didn't do anything.

"And Christmas is in four, five weeks?" He continued. "Don't do anything until then. It'll be a great gift. But like, make it extra special. Like with candles and shit. Wait. No. Not shit."

"What if she wants to do something before then? What do I do?" I hold the ball.

"Early Christmas present." Calum mentions. "Gimme a remote."

"I don't see how that would work. But I guess I could give it a shot." I mumble.

"Give what a shot?" Ashton walks through Michael's apartment door.

"Michael thinks Marina and I shouldn't have sex until Christmas, as a giant Christmas present." I explain.

He nods thinking it over. "Wait. Didn't you ask her parents before we moved here to marry Marina. Like for permission?"

-

I knocked on the door to Marina's house and waited for a response.

"Lucas! How nice to see you! But Marina isn't home at the moment-" Her mother greets me.

"I know," I smile. "I was wondering if your husband was home. I'd like to talk to you both." It's winter here and I brush the snow off my hair.

"Oh yes. Of course! Come on in. He should be in the living room." I step inside and take my boots off. I hang my coat up on the hanger. "Honey! Lucas is here!"

I walk into the living room and see him lying on the couch with a newspaper. "How are you doing Mr. Jones?"

We shake hands. "I told you son, call my Ben."

"It's always nice to see you Ben." We laugh and Mrs. Jones, Amelia, walks in, handing me a lemonade and her husband a beer.

"Please sit." Amelia says and I sit down on the rocking chair.

"I wanted to ask you both something before Marina and I head to America." They nod their heads. "I was wondering if you would be okay if I asked for her hand in marriage. Not yet of course. we've been dating for two years now and ever since I laid my eyes on her I knew she was the one." I look away and smile. "Maybe a year from now I will, but I don't know when or if we will be back. I'd love for assurance. I completely understand if you say no."

They give each other a look. "Sure." They say simultaneously.

"Really?" I look to them with tears brimming my eyes.

"Of course!" Ben says joicefully.

"If we could choose a person to marry our daughter it would be you." Amelia gushes.

"I don't know what to say. Uh. I guess you could say I'm speechless!" We all jump up and hug each other. "Thank you so much!"

"We love you, Lucas!"

"I love you too. I'll see you guys at the airport tomorrow!" I skip happily towards the door and get outside.

-

"Brilliant!" I shout.

"What?" They all ask.

"I'll ask her to marry me on her birthday! Then the gift on Christmas. Her birthday is December 1st! You guys are simply brilliant!" I say happily.

"Yeah, whatever."

_______

Was this a long chapter orrrrrrrrrr?
Guys like tori being Marina?
I sorta want to make long chapters sorta don't.

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA NEED TO KNOW THAT MARINA AND LUKE ARE 21 IN THIS BOOK. THAT MAKES MIKE AND CAL 22 AND ASH 23 AND OMGG IM GUNNA CRY ew they're so old

<3