You Had Me At Howdy

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS, IMPORTANT: Hey, guys! I'm so sorry for the long wait! I've been putting off editing this for a while because if I'm being honest, writing a story that takes place during season 4 in several different settings and locations is hard to navigate, so to speak. I also just got done with my exams and had a big A Cappella performance too, so it has been quite busy on my end recently. Anyway, fair warning, the end of this chapter is much dirtier than my usual chapters, NOT Mileven-wise, but in regards to another ST ship...I wouldn't call it smut because it's not graphic by any means! It merely only alludes to sex and there are a couple of dirty comments and jokes thrown around too, but I'm just warning you anyway, particularly my younger readers. You can always just skip over it if it makes you uncomfortable, though I doubt it will. Sometimes I just like to take risks like this with my writing. Hopefully, it'll pay off! (P.S. I made a music playlist specific to writing those scenes, but then when I came up with the whole "cowboy" moment, I started playing Old Town Road on a loop, lmao.)

Previously, on The Power of Love...

"Hopper!" Joyce cried.

"Joyce..."

And they ran to each other, with a gasp escaping each of their lips as their foreheads came in contact with each other, holding onto one another's cheeks. They looked at each other as if to kiss, but then, something frightening happened!

You see, while down there, El was sprayed many times with goo and had to use her powers so much to cut through vines that, by the time they had made it to where Hopper was, she grew light-headed and collapsed with exhaustion.

"El! Are you okay? El!" Mike exclaimed.

*no answer, silence falls*

[Continued]

"I said, are you okay?" Mike yelled.

"El! El, can you hear me? El!" he said, shaking her.

She continued to gasp for air until finally passing out. Seeing this, Hopper rushed over to her side, pushing Mike out of the way.

"Step aside," he said firmly.

"What? No! I have to save her."

"Son, let me handle this."

"Why can't it be me?"

"When someone's dying, it doesn't matter who, it just needs to be someone! Now stop arguing and get out of my way!"

"No! I love her and I could never live with myself if she dies on my watch...I have to do something!"

"Fine! You give her mouth-to-mouth, I'll do chest compressions," he said while getting his hands ready to do them.

*does chest compressions*

"Now, that's more like it!" said Mike.

"I don't see you planting those lips!" he said.

Man, I never thought the day would come when I would hear those words come out of Hopper's mouth, thought Mike.

"Sorry! Sorry!" he replied aloud.

*Mike starts to tilt head back and lean in*

"Don't forget to pinch her nostrils," said Hopper.

"I know. Health class basics," he said.

"Right, right," Hopper replied, rolling his eyes.

"*cries* El, please don't die on me...I need you!" Mike said before exhaling into her lips.