✖Chapter 2✖

Izuku tried to sleep that night but something was keeping him up. He just sat there, hugging his knees just letting his mind take over. He suddenly but quietly got up and started heading to the balcony upstairs. He went to the balcony keeping the light off and just stared at all of the people that lost their lives and became one of those... things. He sat down with his legs dangling through the wooden planks that kept the railing up.

"Deku..? What are you doing up so late?" Izuku turned his head to see a sleep-deprived blond rubbing his eyes and walking towards Izuku. Katsuki sat down next to him with his legs crossed and looked out into the dark abyss. "Couldn't sleep?" Katsuki asked looking at the greenette who was still looking out. "Yeah... you too?" the greenette asked still looking up at the stars.

The greenette's eyes glistened in the moonlight making the blond start to stare. Even at the worst times, his eyes will always remain just as beautiful as before. Katsuki thought, averting his eyes to look at the only light source, the moon. "Yeah..." Katsuki later replied. They sat in a comfortable silence as the green-headed boy started to doze off into his thoughts again.

Soon one of the corpses noticed the two boys and started walking over to the fence blocking them from the backyard. They didn't notice until more of them started leaning against the fence almost breaking it. Izuku was the first to notice, gripping Katsuki's sleeve and tugging on it a few times. The blond looked over at him who was looking at the leaning fence.

"Let's go back inside..." the greenette nodded vigorously and almost bolted inside. Izuku started walking to the living room but Katsuki had other plans. He wanted to go to the backdoor and see how close they were before heading back to the living room to comfort the nervous Deku. Izuku was sitting on the sofa in his own little corner while Katsuki was sitting on the ground in front of Izuku, leaning back onto the sofa. "I'm scared..." Izuku said shaking with his eyes closed. Katsuki then patted the spot next to him signaling Izuku to sit next to him. So he did. They were now sitting next to one another while using each other's body heat to warm the other. Izuku started to drift off to sleep soon beginning to dream.

Katsuki felt a silent thud on his shoulder noticing that Izuku had fallen asleep. Katsuki felt warmer now than a few seconds ago but decided to let it go. He knew he couldn't sleep so he could protect the people he loved the most. He was terrified, not for himself but for the boy sitting right next to him with his head on his shoulder.

"Don't worry... it'll all be over soon..." Katsuki whispered so that the boy next to him couldn't hear him. He knew for a fact he wanted to protect him and his family. He never wanted to let them down. He wanted to be the one that saved them. He wanted to be the one to be there for them when no one else was.

He then drifted off to sleep, resting his head on the greenette's soft and messy hair.

It was now morning and everyone was getting packed, changed, and prepared. Except for the two boys using one another for heat and comfort. Inko, Mitsuki, and Masaru watched as the two boys were cuddling like old times. "Katsuki... Izuku... Wake up you two." Mitsuki said, softly shaking the two. Their eyes fluttered open as Izuku rubbed his eyes to get rid of the tiredness in his eyes. Izuku got up and immediately plopped himself on the sofa falling back asleep. Inko came back with a change of clothes for both of the boys and came back to a sleeping Izuku but this time in a different spot.

Mitsuki giggled at the sight of Inko trying to wake up the cranky boy curled up into a ball on the couch. "Izuku we have to go, get changed and meet us back down here," Inko said to her son trying to hurry. "5 more minutes, mom." He said trying to block the light from his eyes. Katsuki decided to finally get up and wake himself up. Katsuki then picked up Izuku and threw him over his shoulder. "Wake up or I'll throw you." He said spinning around to get Izuku awake. "Okay okay, I'm up... now put me down!" He tiredly whined while softly hitting his back to put him down. Katsuki set him down, grabbed the clothes out of Inko's hands and handed him the change of clothes. "Now go change before I beat you," Katsuki said pushing Izuku towards the stairs.

Once Izuku got out he immediately grabbed the bat and walked into the kitchen to grab nails and a hammer from the junk drawer. He set the bat on the kitchen table and counted all the nails he had then hammering nails into the bat until the bat looked like a murder weapon. "Ready..." Izuku said as he grabbed one of the bags that were on the floor next to the coffee table in the living room. Everyone just stared as he started walking towards the door soon putting his hand on the doorknob. "Well..? Are you guys coming or not?" Everyone grabbed a bag and swung in over their shoulders and headed towards the door.

Izuku opened the door to reveal a bright and sunny day with only a few corpses here and there but nothing they couldn't handle. Katsuki had the hunting knife, Mitsuki had the kitchen knives, Masaru had one of the kitchen knives and the fishing line, and Inko was hiding in between everyone because everyone knew she wouldn't hurt a fly let alone the living dead. Katsuki spotted a corpse and stabbed it right in the head leaving its limp body.

Izuku spotted a few other corpses and took on two while Katsuki and Masaru took on four of them. Katsuki and Masaru only did a stab and done deal but then they looked over at Izuku who was beating the shit out of it with the bat covered in nails. After a few hits, It was down leaving Izuku covered in its blood. He nearly broke down from it. He didn't know what was the right thing or not anymore. He looked over at Katsuki with fear while Katsuki looked back at him with a warming smile to calm him down.

Izuku took a deep breath and looked back at his mother who was shaking like crazy due to her loving and innocent son covered in someone else's blood. They continued walking for about a few hours until they were walking alone on a two-lane road in a forest. They were so tired and dirty. Inko felt like she was going to pass out. Masaru felt like he was going to die. Mitsuki made sure they were okay. Katsuki and Izuku did most of the killing while each kill made Izuku go even more insane than he felt before. He almost felt numb from the pain.

Izuku heard a whole horde of loud groans coming from behind them. Katsuki, as well as everyone else, heard it getting closer and closer and closer. Katsuki turned to Izuku noticing that he froze in fear. He wasn't even moving a muscle. His eyes shot wide open as he tried to pull him before they got to him. Luckily he yanked him towards a nearby car and got inside of it. Everyone else was already inside the car except Izuku. Izuku noticed the horde getting closer and immediately jumped in, landing on top of Katsuki as Masaru closed the door just in time for the corpses to start banging onto the windows and doors.

"Shit."

-----------

Sorry, this chapter was kinda boring I wasn't feeling it today. Please let me know if you like it so far.