✖Chapter 17✖

Katsuki and Izuku peaked over the couch, trying to pinpoint where the noice was coming from. Katsuki squinted his eyes and noticed a shadow coming towards the living room. "Deku... under the couch, now..." Katsuki whispered. Izuku nodded before crawling onto the floor and looking up at Katsuki, Katsuki looked down at Izuku before peaking over the couch once again. Izuku crawled under the couch, soon being joined by Katsuki. They both lied flat on their stomachs as an unfamiliar creature crawled around the floor at an almost inhumanly pace.

It smelt around, crawling up walls, pulling off curtains, and jumping around. It was extremely skinny and stood at about six feet tall when on its legs alone. It bounced around before before another creature stole its attention. This creature stood at about six feet as well. It was covered in blood and burnt flesh but it didn't look human either. The shoulder blades poked out more than they should and wore a blindfold. The blindfold sunk into the skin, making it look like a bunch of rubber bands on a watermelon right before it exploded and it's teeth were sharper than any knife they owned.

The two boys couldn't get a good look without blowing their hiding spot, but it's not like they wanted to see it either. Izuku looked at Katsuki, tears in both of their eyes before Katsuki glanced behind him and noticed a face lying on its side, starring right at them. Katsuki brought Izuku close and whispered in his ear. "Do not move..." The blindfold was the only think blocking all hell that was about to break loose. Katsuki kept a close eye on it, trying to reassure Izuku without startling him or the creature starring at them.

"I love you, Izuku. I love you so much." Izuku slowly buried his head into Katsuki's chest as Katsuki kept saying things like 'I love you' or 'You're amazing' because that's all he felt like he could do at the moment. Katsuki watched as the creatures mouth opened and a large thin tongue came slowly reaching out. "Kacchan, we're going to die... we're going to die." Izuku quietly panicked, gripping Katsuki's shirt and looking up at him. "No... were not... we aren't going to die."

Izuku felt something sloppy ride up his back as it slowly reached his nape. Katsuki's eyes widened as he watched the creature taste Izuku, tears almost pouring out. "Kacchan... we are going to die..." Izuku cried quietly as the creatures tongue stopped licking Izuku's back and moved up to Katsuki's face. Katsuki buried his head into Izuku's hair as his forehead rested on Izuku's, both of their crying muffled by each other. The tongue reached out until it licked the tip of Katsuki's hair, Katsuki's crying became more visible to Izuku.

Izuku then and there knew...

He didn't want to die...

His hand reached up and caressed Katsuki's cheek, Izuku slowly reaching up and kissing him softly. "I don't want to die, Izuku... I don't want to die..." the creatures tongue soon slowly went back into its mouth as it got up on its legs and let out a large screech, Scaring the two boys underneath the couch. The two creatures ran out of the room and out the door. "Are they still here..?" Katsuki asked Izuku peaked out from under the couch, spotting nothing.

"I don't think so... are you okay?" Katsuki caressed Izuku's cheek and smiled through his tears. "Yeah... are you..?" Izuku let his his tears finally fall. Izuku nodded and slowly crawling out, along with Katsuki. Once they checked around the house, spotting nothing. They closed the door, met back in the bedroom and ran up to each other, embracing each other. Their cries became louder as they finally were able to express their cries. "We're alive, Kacchan..." Katsuki embraced Izuku before looking deeply into Izuku's eyes, tracing each point of distress. "Yeah... but now we've got a new competitor..." Izuku looked down, watching as the tears fell off of his face.

"Yeah but there has to be something... like... how did this even start? I mean... it doesn't just come out of the blue does it? First it was the living dead but now it's the living dead and terrifying creatures that seem humanly impossible but at the same time, the dead coming back to life shouldn't be possible either... unless something mutated and changed the air that we breathe..." Izuku paced around the bedroom as Katsuki listened to Izuku's mumbling. "Wait, Deku stop right there. What did you say?" Izuku looked back at Katsuki in confusion. "Uhm... about the dead coming back to life and eating us? Or..." "No after that..." Izuku raised an eyebrow before lighting up again. "Oh! About something mutating and changing the air we breathe?" Katsuki stood up and grabbed Izuku's shoulders. "Okay... remember what happened to your leg?" They both looked down at the semi-healed wound on Izuku's leg. "Yeah... and that crazy guy that kept talking about the... air..."