My Journey

A few years ago, I was searching for some free books to read and thats how I stumbled upon Wattpad. It was in 2016. It's been a long time indeed.

When I joined I really liked the community instantly. AFTER series was the hottest book on Wattpad that time, and now it's a movie. I found so many amazing books on here. I fell in love with Wattpad. I loved how it had so many good books to read and all of it for free! And the binge reading saga started so on. Reading One Direction fan fiction one after another. That's how I found AFTER by Anna Todd ( imaginator1D ) and fell in love with the book.

It was a few months later when I started exploring fan fiction. It's my one of the favourite genres to read and honestly I hadn't read fan fiction anywhere except AO3 before that. I was very selective about fan fiction. But with Wattpad that changed quickly and I fell in love with the fan fiction content here. I found some of my favourite books till date here on Wattpad. Some of those are AFTER, FLOAT, Hired to Love, Cell Phone Swap, Stay With Me and Omertà to name a few. I fell in love with YA, Romance and Chick Lit books on Wattpad.

A couple of years later I decided to explore writing and wrote my first book. I loved reading YA so that's what I decided to write. I read somewhere 'Write what you want to read', so that is what I did. I started to write a book with a dark aura male lead and a female lead with troubled past. It's cliché but I loved the idea. It ranked in the Romance genre even though it had only a few parts up. Unfortunately I had to put the work on hold because of my busy schedule but I'm still working on it. I had a few of my Wattpad friends to proofread my work. I was lucky enough to find a few people who did critical work for my book and helped me improve. To me, the best way to promote my work was by using the Wattpad forums. It has helped me a lot and when I say that the people here in the community are extremely helpful, I mean it. Many people in the forums helped me a lot. I'm thankful to all of them.

I found some awesome friends on Wattpad. Some of them are theNameIsHoranblasianXo , h_m_hannah , ree-yaa  and InesRosalee. I'm really thankful to these people for making my Wattpad journey so much better. I'm so glad I found them.

Wattpad means a lot to me. Whenever something isn't going well for them, readers tend to numb it by indulging themselves in books and I'm no different. And that's where Wattpad comes into picture. After a long tiring day I can come back home to my favourite book to read on Wattpad.  Sometimes I find insanely interesting conversations going on in the forums and it's good to be a part of it and learn more about people.

Honestly Wattpad has helped me a lot. The huge exposure Wattpad gives to the readers is difficult to find anywhere else. Over the long time I have used Wattpad, I've seen it grow. I wish to become a Wattpad data ambassador to help the wonderful readers here and in turn help this community grow more.

Call it luck or whatever all those years ago but I'm glad I found this. I'm extremely thankful to all the people who have interacted with me here till now. I look forward to my journey as a campus ambassador and hope that I can help this wonderful community grow more.