Chapter 4

Walking down the road near my house, I looked towards the ruins of my home, and my family's home. Turning to the path, and walking down said path, it was very clear what happened. 

Our 16th century, seven story, 10,000 square foot mansion, built from the ground up, was now just a shell of shingles, cobblestone, and ashes. I walked to the front door, grabbing the still cherry red doorknob and ignoring the heat. I turned the doorknob, and pushed but the door (rather, what was left of it) crumbled to ash.  I sighed with disappointment, and looked at what remained of my family's home. The sofa, made from a giant short faced bear hide, was intact and salvageable. The pictures of my family and friends, burnt to dust.  Random items, family heirlooms, and  furniture (minus the sofa) were nothing but blackened shells. 

I turned to my left, and looked in the kitchen. In it, were the bodies of 13 Golgari swarm elite soldiers. I laughed, and picked an old, bronze chest piece. I held it, nodded and put it on, and boy, if fit like a glove. On the front it had the Golgari emblem, which, despite Jarad, I respect. I laughed more, and put on the elite armor, making combinations of the armor types.  
About an hour later, I ended my fun with playing dress up. Wearing the old bronze armor, I sighed, and walked out of the ruins my home, back to Gesani. 

At 15, I decided to challenge Jarad, from that day forward. On that day, however, I had no clue of the hell I was about to put myself through.