Chapter 22

Barrleksheth teleported us to what seems to be a castle. I say what 'seems' to be a castle as its not much more than a derelict temple, ruined and forgotten in the folds of time. 

"Welcome, to my home. It's obviously not much, but, hey. Home is where the furnace is next to the crafting table." He chuckled. I looked at him, a 'excuse me what the fuck?' look on my face. He paused. "Sorry, you don't get that joke do ya?" 

"No.. not really. " There was an awkward silence that followed.  "So.. am I the first follower? Or have you found others?" 

"I have others." Barrleksheth stood. "Come, come, let me show you." He walked to the left wing of the temple, his large, thick, muscular tail, dragging on the floor, with the huge spine digging into the ancient rock and making sparks. 

"So who are these others?" We walked through a hallway,  with gaps in the sides, displaying suits of armor, each one getting more complex. 

"Knights of Death. They're proven warriors, mages,  assassins, alchemists. All of them abandoned by their former masters, kings, family and friends. Others came looking for refuge, after being lost. Specifically, my two newest, and youngest, a pair of Gorgons." 

This peaked my interest. "Gesani and Vraska?" 

"Yes they-" Barrleksheth looked at me, surprised. "Yes, how did you know?" 

"Eheh... long story short, they're two friends of mine that had been teleported here against there will. 30 years ago in this planes time." I chuckled nervously.  

Barrleksheth nods, humming. "Yes, that's roughly what they said. Minus the time thing but, you get it. They're two of my top warriors if we're being honest, and I've seen some real badasses." He leaned against the wall. "Frankly, I even have a small fear for them too." He picked something out of his teeth, which were stained with blood, yet still a glistening chrome color. 

"That's new. They're both tiny and never have I ever heard of people fearing them." I looked at him surprised. 

"Oh really? Why's that?"

"Well, no one really lives to say that they were afraid of them. By the time their targets know they exist it's because there's a big titty, dagger weilding gorgon that's slitting their throat." I explained. 

Barrleksheth laughed. "Nice." He laughed pretty hard, and his laugh was actually comforting. We kept walking, through the hall, passing three more pairs of suits of armor. Barrleksheth put his hand on my shoulder and we stoppe. "Pick one. You'll need it." One suit was obviously way to small, the next was big enough for someone the size of Barrleksheth. But the third was right.  Thick, darksteel plates, embedded with gold, and a purplish liquid I've never seen, as well as Bloodstones, and rubies. The shoulder pads had spines, each was razor sharp. The leggings, mostly the thighs, and the spines as well, and so did the back. The helmet is my personal favorite. It fit perfectly over my headpiece, protecting the soft part of my head, eyes, and mouth. 
It even had room for spore pouches on my cheeks, as well as covers for them too (if I can conjure up an image, I will for sure). 

"Looks good, Mr. Fungi." Barrleksheth nodded. 

"Thanks. Do I get to keep my weapons or do I need to get new ones?" I shoulderd my Zweihander. 

"No, you can keep em. But we can upgrade them for sure." He smiled as we approached a door.  "But that's for another time. For now, we must introduce you to the rest of the knights."

What we walked in on, was not your typical mess hall. But a sight too erotic to forget.