Abortion is a grey area- my revised thoughts...

-Pro-life people would argue that all potential life is life hence life begins at conception. This does not mean sperms that fail to reach an egg, eggs that are never fertilized are human life. This is because it's logically sound to think that the probability of that sperm or that egg to become life is much lesser than an implanted zygote to do the same.

-Pro-choice people may vary in this regard, but consensus is that when the fetus begins to feel pain. Or when it can survive outside the womb itself, are common cut-off points for abortion.

-It appears that pro-choice and pro-life people fight for different things though. Pro-choice people fight for BODILY AUTONOMY. Pro-life people fight for the RIGHT TO LIFE THE BABY HAS. They believe completely different things.

-Another argument I've seen on the pro-choice side is this recent study that said that most women don't regret abortions. They actually feel relieved about their decisions. Now, it's fair contention that a common pro-life argument is the psychological impact it has on women. But still, this argument wouldn't be particularly effective against the pro-life stance that since the fetus is a baby, the mother's feelings don't matter.

-What I don't like about pro-life and pro-choice media coverage on respective media outlets that support these is that there's never an attempt to bridge the gap. The "hard decision to abort" could have been the "hard decision to keep the baby" story as well.

-There's a great debate between Cosmic Skeptic, Rationality Rules and Rachel Oates on YouTube. Although it may not be as constructive in actual policy making or giving actual substantive real-life points, it does give you a strong decision to think about as to how you want to view this issue. It's a great insight into why pro-life and pro-choice people are actually looking at this problem completely differently. The one way to look at it is morally, completely morally, and philosophically, ethics-wise, where you tread into the fetus' rights territory. But the other side is complete practicality and how these concepts can actually be applied to the real world to actual women's lives, or if not at all.

-I think different places have different needs. The US foster care system is terrible. There's millions of parents on adoption wait-lists and the government plus extensive paperwork stands in the way. So policy change could actually help correct that and also provide happy homes for the children whose mothers didn't end up aborting. Apparently the Europe system is completely different though. In India and many parts of Asia, especially rural areas, abortions occur many times because the parents realize the baby being born is a girl. They consider her a liability, and thus it's gender-related abortion. That is a strong contender as to why abortion should be restricted in these places.-Victims of rape, incest and in cases where the mother's life is in grave danger are where most people make exceptions. Even Ben fucking Shapiro makes an exception for the last of these, which is saying something. To clarify, this may be either mental or physical issues.

-I keep getting stuck. Meandering in the bushes of the pro-life and pro-choice arguments, and landing in the middle. Smack dab in the middle. The thing is, abortion is something I don't want to be so morally grey on. The problem is: I don't have a damn clue what position I should take. Am I taking away a woman's right to her body when I deny her that right? Or do I, by granting it to her, kill an innocent life that had no fault in being ill-conceived?-But I think I'm getting to some conclusions. I don't think taking a life when the child can't experience pain is morally bad, even if it's technically murder. It comes down to if you support euthanasia when the patient's in a coma. If the person can't feel pain, think clearly and has no sense of awareness of what's going on around them, is it justified to kill them? I'd say because I support euthanasia, I do support abortion up till 20 weeks (which is when they say it begins experiencing pain). But another problem you run into is that euthanasia is usually given when the person has no chance of ever waking up. They're dead that way anyway. You're just speeding up the process and not wasting precious resources or money. But the baby CAN probably survive... and there I go meandering away.