Chapter 18

Zayn reached his house, halfheartedly. He was depressed, more than before now. Because now he was sure that Liam won’t be coming back, and before he had had little hope. Liam never even opened the door. Sighing Zayn got out of his car and went towards his own house. When he opened the door, Harry hastily approached him. Harry took one look at Zayn and immediately got what might have happened, so he embraced Zayn into a hug, while Zayn broke into silent tears. Harry let him go and said “It’s gonna be okay.” Zayn just gave harry a fake smile, believe him he was grateful to have a friend like Harry, but now he knew it was not gonna be okay.

Zayn went to his room, catching a glimpse of Liam Jr. and his Niall playing video games in the living room, of course Harry didn’t let them go alone into Liam Jr.’s room he thought to himself, Harry was one protective Father. Zayn sat idle on the bed, he took his pillow and hugged it, He remembers the last time he was in this position, it was when Liam had left him.

Flashback:

Zayn entered his room tears in his eyes, He sat on the bed, and clenched the pillow tightly Liam had left him and he had no idea where he had went. But then suddenly the sound of his phone ringing echoed through his silent house, the house that was once full of voices, but now as haunted as a grave yard, to Zayn of course. Zayn rushed downstairs to find his phone in hopes that it would be Liam, without looking at the caller id he answered.

“Zayn Malik?” The voice on the other side said, Zayn sighed it wasn’t Liam.

“Yes this is him.”

“Zayn it’s me Doctor Scott, you came in earlier this noon.” The person, Dr. Scott said.

“Ah, yeah, I did.” Zayn replied.

“Zayn, your reports just arrived and I’m afraid its bad news.” Dr. Scott said in a sad tone.

“Oh...” was what came out of Zayn’s mouth, because he couldn’t care less, Liam had left him, his life was already over, a disease would just have been like sprinkles over ice cream.

“You have cancer Zayn, I’m sorry.”

End of Flash Back

 But this time, the cancer part was different because Zayn was officially cancer free 5 years ago, so while crying, he finally managed to fall asleep.

Zayn woke up to the sound of shouts, Louis and Harry, he thought to himself. He went down stairs to see what was going on.

“Harry! This is not right! He deserves to know!” Louis shouted.

“Louis! I can’t tell him right now I’m not ready.’’ Harry shouted back.

“And what? The poor kid will spend the rest of his life living a lie! Just because his father’s a coward?” That stung harry a little.

“I-I-” Harry was speechless.

“Harry, I didn’t mean to upset you, but don’t you understand what Liam (Jr) is going through?”

“I’m sorry Louis But I don’t!” Harry snapped.

“Haz, the boys in love with Niall, and he thinks it’s a bad thing.” Louis said softly while Harry’s eyes with wide in shock.

That’s when Zayn entered their conversation,

“Haz, I think it’s time.” He said softly. And harry nodded in defeat.

That night they told Liam (Jr.) the truth, after Lily went to sleep. It went worse than they had expected, Liam (Jr) started crying and shouting, he was angry and he was hurt, he was hating harry right now 1 for not telling him the truth, and 2 for giving him up, even if it was to his best friend. Zayn tried to calm Liam (Jr.) down but he ran out the house asking them not to follow him, and surprisingly they didn’t, even though Harry insisted that they should.