Depression

Depression is not something you laugh at or joke about. People think depression is annoying and stupid. I know people who think depression is stupid and talk about it. Depression is not something to laugh at.

Depression has been happening in people's live forever. In the olden days people were depressed, how? Well think of it people had no food,water, loved ones dying. Then there was Britain telling everyone what to do. There was also a lot of wars happening and human rights and women's rights. People were going through a lot back then and had a lot of feelings called sadness,angrier, and depression. They might have not known what the word meant or the word wasn't a word back then. But I know for a fact people had a lot of feelings some more than others always felt sad or angry.

Now in the twentieth century people have a lot of feelings. I know from growing up that adults have a lot of feelings. Also that a lot of middle schoolers have depression and might even be suicidal or doing self harm. As a talkative teen and a teen with a big heart I've asked my friends why they felt depressed. Some kids were beat as a child, are on pills for depression or other things, some are bullied, and some are from things from their pasts.

Depression is not something to joke about or to even think Is funny. People in middle school don't understand the whole thing about depression and some don't get it at all. As I've talked to students about what they thought about it. Some say it's annoying because people text them asking for help or saying their going to kill themselves. I tried to explain that people are usually born with it if it's in the family or their life is messed up. Some kids around the halls in the school make joking about cutting or killing yourself. Being a kid that depression runs in the family and who has it. Depression is not funny.

My argument is explaining why depression is not funny and should not be joked about. Kids take what people say to heart sometimes. What you say to them can bring them up or bring them down. You never know if they go home and cry over what you said.