9.

AN: A DOUBLE UPDATE WHAT??? FROM SAV???? IKR? Make sure you read 8 first! Ily! Sav🖤

"I'm sorry about your things." Calum said, breaking the silence that had settled between them after leaving Tanner's apartment. Mackenzie didn't reply, her soft sobs still filling the empty void of their conversation.

The Uber pulled up to Calum's house and he opened the door, steadying her as she stepped out and tried to gain her bearings.

"I'll get the bags, just wait here." She did as he'd instructed, her face void of emotion as he grabbed their suitcases and paid their driver.

"Come on, lets get you inside." She followed after him blindly, just letting herself be pulled. She didn't have the strength or motivation to will herself anywhere.

He led her to the couch where she fell into the comfortable and familiar cushions. As soon as she sat, it was as if all of her resolve gave way. She was immediately overcome with tears.

"Hey, hey. Come on sweetheart, don't cry. He's not worth it." Calum said slipping beside her and pulling her into his chest. His fingers traced lightly across her back as he shushed her and let her cry it out.

"It's just so much, Cal. The wedding, the apartment, the relationship, I know he wasn't right for me but that doesn't mean I didn't care for him, that I don't still care for him." His chest tightened at her admission but he did his best to focus on the part about him not being right for her. "My things, my grandma's bracelet, my pictures."

"I know baby, I'm so sorry."

"I deserve this. This is my punishment for being selfish." She said matter-of-factly.

"Mack, no. Him acting so juvenile and destroying your property is not ok. You don't deserve this."

"I broke his fucking heart, Cal. I broke his heart in front of all our friends and family, and he broke mine when he destroyed my things and any chance we had of ever building a friendship."

She sighed and allowed her tears to dry as Calum held her. His scent, manly and welcoming wrapped around her and she felt more at peace than she had since stepping foot back on American soil. The interaction had been horrible but it was over with. She had had hopes of some day being able to be friends with Tanner but she realized now that that line of thought was naive. She'd have to move on with her life and accept the fact that they would never be able to have that.

She had Calum though, and that was what mattered.

"Mack! You're gonna be late!" Calum yelled up to her from the living room as she shoved her earring into her ears.

"Shit! I know." She called back frantically hopping as she tried to shove her feet into her boots.

"You want anything to eat?" He asked.

"Um, no. I think they'll have pastries or something in the waiting room." She said rushing down the stairs, grabbing her keys and bag.

"Good luck! You're gonna be great." He said bending slightly to kiss her, his hands framing her chin as he kissed her again.

"Not if I don't hurry." She said, returning to her hurried movements as she called one last goodbye and slipped out the door.

She tucked herself into the drivers seat of her car, a black Mercedes, and peeled out of the garage headed to studio city and the audition she had for a part in a movie.