Chapter 11

Hello readers! A new update is finally here! Thank you for your patience.

Also, please remember to frequently refresh your library. Due to the recent wattpad update, many have been facing problems such as not receiving story update notifications, or even chapters not updating. Thank you, please do spread this around too. :-)

Enjoy :-)!

***
Hazel’s POV

Trust. Hah! What trust? Just right after you find out your feelings towards someone, reality will slap you in the face with six sacks of bricks. Yes, reality have that many hands. Don’t question.

“Ouch!” I hissed, “Rei!”

“Oops, I’m sorry.“ He smiled sheepishly, gently dabbing the soft cotton ball onto my palm.

I feel weird. I’m so confused. All of my feelings are mixed up like a bowl of salad, almost masquerading the pain on my palm. Ugh, I groaned, rubbing the uninjured palm on my face. I held it in place when I feel the damp sensation on my face. Damp? Oh no. Wait, why am I crying?

“Zel? What’s wrong? W-wha—” Rei suddenly panicked.

“I don’t know, Rei! Why am I crying?” I rubbed my forearm on my eyes, trying to stop the salty substance from flowing. “W-why!”

Before I knew it, Rei pulled me into his arms. He held me there, repeating the same “It’s okay” or “You’ll be alright” again and again. I tugged on the back of his pullover, questions exploding in my head.

We hugged for ‘I-don’t-know-how-long’ long and I am actually calming down. I am really tired, especially because I am sick. Love sick. Screw you, inner Hazel. I couldn’t care less that somebody is watching us now. All I want to do is sleep...

***

Tyler’s POV (For the first time in forever~)

It feels as if ten elephants sat on my stomach. It feels heavy and unsettling. My throat is dry and my tongue feels like a tropical beach.

I ran a hand through my hair and plopped myself down on the couch. Sliding down the couch in a sloppy manner, I groaned.

This is shit.

I sighed. You’re right, inner Tyler.

And it’s your fault.

You lil’ shit, how is this my fault?

Well, if I do remember correctly, you blamed a certain someone over something you yourself wasn’t so sure about. What makes you think she did it?

Because, Maddie will not have any benefit even if she lies to me, to everyone else.

Hazel won’t have any benefit too.

No benefit? The attention! Maddie said she wanted the attention!

And you believed her? Why are you siding with Maddie!

So I’m arguing with myself now. How great. Fantastic. Marvelous!

“Uncle Tyler?” A soft, gentle voice uttered. My eyes popped open and saw Ames poking his little head through the gap between the glass door and the door frame.

I pushed myself forward and readjusted my position on the couch, smiling slightly, I acknowledged him, “Yes?”

“Um,” He slid the door open and fully stepped in, fiddling his fingers shyly, “can I have a hug?”