Chapter 2 The trial Aftermath

10 days have passed since their last encounter and the way they left each other was pretty awful and heavily emotional.

Ayse was still fighting all morning to see if she was strong enough to go back to Modamu and confront Kerem on his territory. Their last talk irritates her, each time she thinks about it, all the things that angry Kerem threw at her face was still printed in her mind, in her core. She remembers how pissed off he was at the trial and in one glance she notices a change and saw through his eyes that nothing will make him change his decision. He was determined and even with all her apologies, all her reasoning he wouldn't listen to her.

After living together and passing so much time with him, Ayse could read him like a book, to see when he needed help or advice, to give him some forces with a hug or cheek kisses, or to see when he needed space to cool off...

After the judge's decision that accepted to finalize their divorce, Ayse was about to go out from the trial and to leave with her family. But, a familiar silhouette was blocking her from going out and as she lifts her eyes towards him she recognized this voice but not the tone. It was different this time, it seems the coldest voice he ever used and she starts shaking.
- "Ayse, could we talk in private? We need to find a common statement for the journalists that are waiting for us outside" said cold toned Kerem

- "Sure" says Ayse

Riza was about to enter in his rage because Kerem was giving orders to his ex-wife and he could not forget the Yigiter's family caused the death of his late father. Nazyme knew what her husband was up to and invited him in her own way to go waiting for Ayse outside the room. She knew that Ayse and Kerem needed to say goodbye to each other and say the last few things on their mind for starting fresh and keeping it friendly.

While the doors were closed, they both look at the estranged person in front of each other and they could not speak for a few seconds because they needed time to process their new marital status.
Kerem was the one who broke the silence first.
- So this is the happy ending you have always wanted and now you got it" said abruptly Kerem. in his head, this phrase did not sound that sarcastic, heartless but it was too late. He saw Ayse's angry eyes and he knew he messed up here because of the stress and this face to face.

- I have just respected your decision. You were the first to pronounce the word of Divorce in front of me and now you are blaming me and you are putting all the fault on me!" said fiercely Ayse. She was about to burst, to hit him but she decided to stay civilized because journalists were everywhere and she could not break his image and her image at the same time.

- What? You were the selfish and pride one from the start and recently you asked me to lose my company and my family; what did you expect me to do? says Kerem

- "I was the selfish one from the start? We have done a fake marriage because we both gain benefit from it. Kerem, you wanted the company and I did help you to serve it on a golden platter. Yes, I have lied and entered this game for standing on my feet, becoming independent financially and from my brothers' hold. But in the finale, you have chosen the company and not ME!"