Chapter 2: Iris's Test

{Scarlet's POV}
"Hey Scarlet!" Iris says running into the infirmary. "Hey Iris!" I reply, wincing as the doctor finishes stitching up my shoulder. "So how do you think you did?" She asks. "I think I did extremely well. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I only got a few cracks and bruises, you should do fine." "I'm not worried."

Suddenly her wrist communicator beeps. She presses the button; it's Agent Maria Hill, "Cadet Ayame, please report to the testing field." "On my way," Iris replies.

"Good luck, not that you'll need it," I tell her with a reassuring smile. "Thanks!" She replies with a glad smile while clapping me on the shoulder. "All right, get going before you do any damage." With that, Iris heads out of the infirmary.

{Iris's POV}
I walk out onto the field; it's dark, almost creepy. There is a jungle of wires, except they are oddly arranged. I see something move in the shadows. In trying to get a better look, I realize the wires are sticky. Again there's movement, specifically the eight wires that surround me. I realize that my opponent is a giant mechanical black widow.

I take a deep breath and coach myself into this, 'Alright, don't touch the wires if possible. Pretend you finally get to go toe to toe with Spider-Man. Great!' I pull out my two katana and prepare to fight this large arachnid. 'Spider-Man would be so happy with me not calling it an insect.' I take a throwing knife out of my side bag and throw it to one of wires off to the side. The knife sticks to web string proving it's just as strong, give or take, as Spider-Man's webbing. Just as I planned, it sent a vibration through the web. I wait for the spider to catch the vibe since spiders can't see.

The spider hisses and begins to charge toward me! I forgot that it was robotic and S.H.I.E.L.D can give it any quality it wishes, even sight. I run, making sure to dodge the webbing, as the spider chases after me. It spits out webbing at me so I jump out of the way. Unfortunately, I land on one of the sticky wires; my feet are stuck.

As the spider closes in behind me, ready to sink its fangs into my back, I jump out of my shoes and in mid-backflip I slice the spiders abdomen in half. I land in an awesome pose as the spider shuts down behind me.

I return my swords to their sheaths, still maintaining my look of epicness and head back for my boots. I look a little less cool as I begin to struggle to free my boots from the sticky wire. My boots rip before they budge. I decide my shoes are lost and I should leave now to keep what dignity I have left. I leave the arena confident... and shoeless.