1: Darkness

Omg. This is amazing trailer was made by VisualGraphics and it is by far the best thing I could have imagined! She is the best trailer designer on Wattpad I swear. Don't believe me, watch that video as proof! It is amazing! Thank you VisualGraphics ! Thank you so much!♡♡

WARNING: THIS STORY ABRUPTLY SWITCHES CHARACTER PERSPECTIVES EVERY CHAPTER IT IS A NEW CHARACTERS PERSPECTIVE.

------------------------------------------

Aubrey

-------------------------------------------

Once upon a time is such a cliché way to start a story. Especially one that isn't very happy. But wasting something so nice on already nice stuff is dumb. So I will start a sad story out with it.

Once upon a time I had a life. A life past chemotherapy. A life past pity stares. A life past the constant bleeding. A life beyond this prim and proper, annoyingly white, hospital. A life without cancer.

But now, this is my life. Fevers, fatigue, weakness, blood, so much blood, pain. All of those things. Everyday.

At one point, my fevers got so consistent that I was permanently hospitalized for months at a time.

But before all that, was me, a 14 year old girl who had a life, who had friends. Had a crush. Had fun. Ran. Lived.

But one moment can make everything go away. I learned that the hard way. That I lived in a pink plastic bubble surrounded by glitter and rainbows. Surrounded by this idea, that everything in the world was great. That I would live a long and happy life. With Justin, my childhood crush.

But, like the poem goes, nothing gold can stay.

2 years ago

"Mom!" I shouted from the front entrance. "Come on! We're gonna be late for the meet!"

"I'm coming honey! I just have to find my glasses. You know I can't drive without them!" My mother shouted back. Uh. I couldn't be late. The whole school was counting on me. I was the best runner there and I needed to get to the meet so we could beat Apple Highschool(I know. What a weird name for a highschool).

Finally my mother showed up. Her beautiful blonde hair lay in beach waves a little past her shoulders. It was styled as if she were going to Paris, instead of a high school track meet. Her skin was a beautiful tan color, that I hadn't inherited. Her brown eyes, hidden behind the rims of her cat rimmed, bright pink glasses, shone like she was standing in front of a spotlight. Her clothes were all from designer brands I hadn't bothered to learn the names of. But the bottom line was, she was beautiful. And very late.

"Mom. Let's go. You're making me late." I whined.

"Don't complain. I just won't drive you if you complain." My mom retorted, but she picked up the car keys and her bag and opened the front door.