His Story (Kalona)

It was a dark night in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Kalona flew through the sky, his black, massive wings flapping ferociously. He was a fallen angel of Nyx still in love with A-ya. A-ya in this century was a special Fledgling by the name of Zoey Redbird. Others seeing him would think he was evil, but he wasn't evil at all. He was just a lonely, fallen, lost soldier.

There were several legends; stories of how he had come to be whom and what he now was. This was his story.

The Cherokee legend says that Kalona had been Nyx's warrior, but he loved her too much. Because he loved her too much, she cast him out. It pained him and he was filled with so much anger, he made children in his own image, out of women and children and men that he had killed and/or raped. They became known as Raven Mockers.

Because the Cherokee women that remained, knew he had to be stopped, they made a woman from dirt in a cave and named her A-ya. When Kalona saw her, he just had to have her. A-ya lead him into a cave where it collapsed. A-ya turned back into dirt when it collapsed, and Kalona was trapped alone for several of thousands of years.

He was freed by the former High Priestess of the House of Night School in the present day. Neferet.

In this century, he wasn't here to cause trouble. As for his children, well, he had no control over them. Neferet did. He wanted nothing to do with his Queen anymore. She was an evil Immortal; One that could conjure up Darkness. Something he stayed as far as he could from. Only his half human half black Raven children and Neferet could conjure it. But only his most loved of all his children dared to do it; only to help others, of course; Rephaim.