' GIFT AND FIGHT '

They both had their ice creams and Ahaan dropped saanvi back home. 

"You are late. Who dropped you?" Rihaan asked when she entered the house. Saanvi rolled her eyes and said, "your enemy did."

"Look I don't have a problem with him dropping you here. But I just don't want this to be an everyday thing. That's all I am saying." He tried to explain.

"I don't understand. How can you be so nice and irritating at the same time? Anyways, leave it all. Ahaan and I have a project due. So I am going over to his house later. Can you drop me?" She asked nicely. 

"Saanvi, you are a grown up child now. I think it's time you use public transport." Isha, rihaan's wife said. Saanvi looked at her horrified. "How can you say that bhabi. I may be a grown women but it is obvious that this world is not a safe space for women. Please don't push this poor girl into trouble. Also, I don't like travelling by public transport."

"Look, you don't have to be this dramatic for such a silly thing. Also if you don't like public transport, you can just say that. You don't have to lecture us on women's safety in today's world."  Rihaan said to which she scoffed and rolled her eyes. 

"Okay, saanvi that's enough. You are giving me a lot of attitude today. Don't make me confiscate your public transport keys even before you receive them." He said and she looked at him strangely. "What key? She asked.

" Why don't you go outside and check young lady?'' Isha said and Saanvi rushed outside and saw a fantastic new fascino in dashing blue colour. 

"Ohh my God, oh my God, oh my God..ahhhhhhhhhhh" she screamed and hugged everyone in excitement and did a happy dance. 

_________________________________________

At Ahaan's home, he was sitting on the front verandah waiting for her when saanvi landed on her brand new blue fascino. She took off her helmet and did a pose waiting for his reply. 

He looked suspiciously at her and then the scooter and asked "where do you steal it from?" 

"Are you for real Ahaan? This is mine. My bro gifted me this today. So tell me, tell me, tell me…how is it..how is it…ahh, I am so excited." She squealed and he laughed at her excitement. 

"It's beautiful… just like you..so when are you gonna give me a ride?" He asked checking out the vehicle. 

"Not now because we have a lot of work to do. But how about I pick you up from home tomorrow  morning? 

" Sounds good to me."

LATER….

"So these are the notes that I got from Aryan. He told me to not copy it completely as the professor may get suspicious. But he said to follow the same pattern as he got it from an old brilliant student."  Saanvi told Ahaan showing some papers. But he wasn't showing the slight interest.

"Okay, you do that. I'll take a 20 min power nap and get back to it." He said and crashed into the bed. Saanvi hit her head in exhaustion and said. "Look Ahaan this is not going anywhere. You just took a 10 min power nap 5 min ago. This thing is due the day after tomorrow." 

"Look, I'm not a geek like you. I'm a cool geek, remember. So it will take me time to adjust to this." He said, trying to sound serious. 

"Look if you don't know, I don't need your help to complete this project. I can do this myself. But I am here because you requested me to help you with this. After all, this cool geek here only knows to study spoon fed things and you don't have an ounce of creativity in you." She said

"That's not true. I do a lot of creative stuff like….you know that…paper thing.. " he stammered.

"The paper thing…what paper thing. The only paper thing that you have ever done is make a damn crush list with your sketches. And when you couldn't get the glitter thing correct, you needed my help. And did it do any good? 5 of them don't talk to you. One girl dumped you even before you got into a relationship with her and the other one is a nasty bitch who only cares about her nails and hair." She yelled. 

Saanvi was not the angry type and she doesn't give a damn about what others do or think. But she dont like like being used or disrespected by her loved ones and that makes her angry. And Ahaan, he is sweet and sensitive. He knows how to stand up for himself but his loved ones can easily hurt his emotions. 

"Get out, I don't wanna see you again. Get out" he said and without another word, she took her things and left. 

After she left, he lay down on his bed and hugged his pillow. He kept staring at his crush list pasted on the wall. Suddenly he jumped out of the bed and tore it down. He then took some paper and sketches out and started his project.

Saanvi was driving. What was supposed to be a lovely day with her friend turned out to be a disaster. She was angry at Ahaan for being a douche. She felt like he took her for granted which is not cool. But she felt awful about her behaviour too.