Chapter 3: Saying You Have Powers Is A Lot Like Coming Out

After hanging up, I grabbed an old dirty towel off the floor threw it on the spilled tea. Picking up the knocked over mug that I'm glad didn't break. My mom would probably kill me for breaking her favorite black with red heart printed mug. After rinsing and putting the mug away, I walked back to clean the mess. How the hell did I get these powers? It's not like I got bit by a radioactive spider. Spiders are evil and it's not like I can climb on walls.

I threw the tea soaked towel at the hamper under the window. I misjudged the toss and it was gonna fly right out the window. Subconsciously, I had my hand out as if I could stop it, only to find out I could. It abruptly stopped midair. My body had that same static tingly feeling all over again. Stunned and amazed, slowly walking over to inspect it. Looking closely, I noticed the liquid wasn't dripping out of it, so I gently grabbed it. It was still wet and strangely seem to have no weight to it. I squeezed it to see what would happen and warm liquid seeped through my fingers but didn't didn't drip at all. Letting go left droplets of the tea floating right where I had my hand.

I felt a buzz in my jean pocket so I grabbed my phone to see that there was a text from Leo.

"I'm here, dude."

Looking back up to find the wet bundle of fabric still in the air. I gotta show him quickly. I ran to the door, and it dawned on me that my ankle wasn't hurting at all anymore. I quickly unlocked it and grabbed him while closing the door.

"What the hell, dude? Where's the fire?" He jokingly laughed and stumbling as I man handled him.

"I'll explain later but first you have to see it." I rambled out. I quickly grabbed his wrist to pull him to my room, so he could see the floating towel. Otherwise how else was he gonna believe me. I didn't want him to think I was just messing around with him.

We got to my room and I let go of him.

"Geez, dude did you have to dislocate my wrist?" He said annoyed and rubbing his wrist in circles.

"I'm really sorry but you have to see this." I urgently said while pointing to the midair dirty towel.

"Huh?! Why did you hang your towel in the air?" He said confused. He probably thought I was holding it in the air with fishing string for whatever reason.

"Dammit, I'm not hanging it on some string or some shit. It's floating! I made it float somehow." I frustratingly tried to explain to him.

"Haha, real funny. What a clever prank." He sarcastically said while rolling his dark brown eyes at me.

"Watch! I'll prove it!" I said annoyed that he didn't believe me. I shouldn't be mad I probably wouldn't either in his place.

I moved my open right palm towards the towel. Feeling the hairs on right arm stand on end again. Concentrating on the feeling, it felt like ripples of energy flowing in me and feeling weightless. The towel moved towards me slowly and bobbing a little as it did. He was gaping at me and looking back and forth between the floating object and me.

"Wha what the hell?! Is this some kind of magic trick?" His mouth was hanging open in awe. He looked kinda cute like that I thought randomly. Then, pointed below me with his eyes looking like they were gonna pop out his head.

"Dude, Look!" Leo jabbing and pointing with his index finger at my feet.

I looked down, thinking he was pointing at a spider on the ground. I really hate spiders besides Spiderman, he's really cute. Looking down to realize why I felt different and weightless. I was about a foot in the air floating.

I focused again like I did with the towel. I started to float back down gently and the buzzing feeling slowly faded as well.

"That went a lot better than last time." I said absentmindedly, remembering falling from the school building and crashing on the cold concrete ground.