Chapter 30: Reunion

Bakugou's PoV

Two days. Two fucking days I was now on the road with those two and I was gradually on the edge of my patience. They couldn't understand why I was in such a hurry.

"Kacchan, if Kirishima isn't with the Order yet, there's no need to hurry!" "The horses are nearly at the end of their strength; we shouldn't rush like that!" "It's unreasonable to leave the Kirano so soon!"

Deku had been talking to me like that constantly. Tch. I could have handled it better if he had been wrong with his statements. But I simply wanted to head north as fast as possible. I just wanted to go back to Red. But my pride forbade me to explain this longing for my mate to them.

I gritted my teeth and peeked over to the couple by my side. They were immersed in a quiet conversation. Deku held the reins of the packhorse with one hand and Todorokis with the other. His horse trotted along with long reins and I was tempted to push them all forward again so that he was forced to let go of his partner's hand to reach for the reins. But I held myself back. We had been on the road for several hours and the horses deserved a break.

I knew that my reaction to the couple on my side was nothing but pure jealousy, but I couldn't help it. Every tender gesture they exchanged reminded me of my red-haired half dragon.

The marking tinged strangely and involuntarily my hand glided back to the spot on my neck. From the corner of my eye I noticed Deku giving me a worried look, but I ignored him. I looked around attentively, I had the strange feeling that something was coming towards us. Instinctively I stopped my horse because I couldn't place what a feeling it was. I didn't feel threatened, but rather as if a burden was being taken off my shoulders.

"Everything all right, Kacchan?" I heard Deku ask, but I continued to ignore him and scanned the area.

What for a feeling was that? Then I turned my eyes to the sky and my heart started to race. Regardless of the other two, I spurred my horse. I heard their confused and surprised shouts, but I ignored them. Because even though he had been only a dark spot in the sky so far, I was sure.

Red. Red flew towards us and suddenly all my bad mood was forgotten. I didn't care what it meant that he came back from his mission earlier than expected. The only important thing now was that I hold him in my arms again soon.

My horse raced along the plain and I leaned close over its neck, always looking at the dark spot in the sky. When I was already very close, Red finally pushed down from the sky. The mighty red dragon shimmered in the sun, but still in flight he shifted back into his half dragon shape.

Even before he landed, I jumped off my horse and hurried towards him.

Only ten meters left.

Only five.

Three.

Two.

One.

Then I held him in my arms. His familiar scent surrounded me and I pressed him firmly against me.

"Katsuki," I heard him whisper quietly. "My Kat."

Carefully he detached himself a little from me and looked at me with a smile. His warm red eyes sparkled with joy. He put a hand on my cheek and wiped away a tear that was about to run down. When had I started crying? Then he leaned forward and placed his lips on mine.

Longingly I returned the kiss and enjoyed the gentle movements of his lips against mine. I pressed myself against the so familiar warm body and buried my hand in his red hair. Satisfied I sighed. I had missed him so much.