{24}

[Lil bit longer than usual]
[1209 words]

Now that he knew Toshinori was on his way, Aizawa became anxious. His leg bounced as he waited in his seat. Would Toshinori get there before he got called up? Did he even want him to show up? What was he even doing? Why was he on his way over?

"Damn it, Toshinori." Aizawa said as he coughed. Still, nothing. What the hell's going on? Just an hour ago it was flowers galore but now..? Aizawa thought. It was sudden, one minute he was coughing up flowers, and the next he was just empty. I don't even want to see him. It's his fault that I have to do this. Aizawa thought, but truth be told he wanted an excuse not to do this. Loving Toshinori brought him sadness, but it also brought him joy, making this decision harder for him.

"Aizawa, Shota?" A nurse called. Aizawa looked up, almost feeling disappointed.

Ah. He thought. Toshinori didn't show up after all. He stood and walked up to the nurse, and she lead him away. That's when he showed up.

Aizawa entered into the x-ray room, and the nurse was switched out with a doctor.

"I'm gonna need you to take off any jewelry if you have any. Afterwards, I'll have you take off your shirt and step behind the screen right here." The doctor stated. Aizawa nodded, then removed his necklace. He realized that he hadn't thought about what he'd with the necklace. Once the surgery was over, he wouldn't like Toshinori anymore, so he'd probably throw the necklace away.

But, he didn't want to.

Aizawa took a deep breath as he set the necklace aside. He then removed his scarf and shirt and stepped behind the screen. The doctor then took the x-ray photo and examined it. Aizawa coughed as he put his shirt, necklace and scarf back on.

"Doc, there's also a problem with the flowers. Ever since I sat down in the waiting room, they just stopped coming, but I'm still coughing." Aizawa explained. "Is there a reason behind that, or am I just out of flowers right now?" He jested. The doctor shook his head.

"You don't have any flowers. Your lungs are clean." The doctor said. Aizawa became confused. "It looks like there are remnants there, but the actual stems are gone. You probably lost feelings while you were in the waiting room. Had too many fears about being cut open and just decided that she wasn't worth it."

There were several things wrong with what the doctor said, but Aizawa decided not to point them out. He was just glad that he didn't have to deal with the flowers anymore.

"So, do I just go? I mean, there's no point in staying anymore, right?" Aizawa asked. The doctor nodded and dismissed him. As Aizawa walked through the halls, he began to think. Lost feelings, huh? ..That can't be right. Aizawa thought. He reentered the waiting room and saw him sitting there.

Toshinori.

He looked up and saw the scruffy man standing at the door. He immediately stood, startling the other man.

"Aizawa." Toshinori said. "Are you alright? I mean, are you supposed to be walking around like this? What if you open your stitches, or-"

"I didn't get the surgery." Aizawa interrupted. Toshinori stared at him with visible confusion, but soon he became relieved.

"Thank goodness." He sighed.

"I don't understand why you care. You broke up with me." Aizawa said.

"I know, I'm sorry. Something happened, Aizawa. I didn't want to break up with you." Toshinori said, vaguely.

"No, I get it. I wasn't good enough. You don't have to say anything." Aizawa said. Toshinori opened his mouth to speak, but Aizawa interrupted. "I'll see you around." Aizawa pushed past Toshinori. Toshinori quickly turned and grabbed Aizawa's hand before he could get far.

"Aizawa, please come over tonight." He said. Aizawa's eyes widened, and his face flushed. He didn't turn to look at him, and just pulled his hand away. He walked away and left Toshinori standing there.

Nightfall arrived sooner than anticipated, and Toshinori felt butterflies in his stomach. His house was all cleaned up, he set up the table to look nice, and he had cooked Aizawa's favorite meal. But, he knew that all this effort wouldn't be enough. He had to tell him what happened.

That is, if he even showed. He had hope, though.

He got a knock on his door, and he froze. He shook his head, then looked at himself in the mirror.

Presentable.

He then went to the door and opened it. There was Aizawa, standing nervously.

"Hey." He said, simply. Toshinori blushed.

"You look good." He said. Aizawa's face tinted pink, and he looked away. "Please, come in."

Aizawa's hair was up, and he was wearing a loose, black shirt with the regular black pants. His neck and collarbone were exposed, revealing the locket that hung from his neck. Toshinori, on the other hand, was wearing a white dress shirt with black slacks. His hair was still a mess, there wasn't really any way to change it.

"Why did you invite me here?" Aizawa asked. "I'm busy, you know." That was a lie.

"Straight to the point, I see." Toshinori muttered. "Take a seat at the table, I'll explain everything."

And, he did. Over dinner, of course.

"..Is what you said true?" Aizawa asked, quietly. It explained a lot, but he wasn't sure what to believe anymore. Toshinori nodded, and Aizawa sighed softly.

"If you don't believe me, I can call Tsukauchi and ask him to confirm. Or, I can take you to the damned criminal." Toshinori offered. Aizawa shook his head.

"That won't be necessary." He said, looking down. It was silent. Neither of them knew what to say.

"Earlier.." Toshinori began, gaining Aizawa's attention and causing him to look up from the table. "..You said that you weren't good enough. But, not once did I ever think that, Sho- ..Aizawa." He said, correcting himself. "I always thought you were perfect."

"Nobody's perfect." Aizawa retaliated. He almost didn't want to hear it, but a part of him craved the love Toshinori had to offer. He was just left in the dark for a while, and felt like he deserved to be there, and now he wanted out.

"That's not what I believe. You're perfect, Aizawa, and I love everything about you."

"You can't say that to me. We.. We're not dating anymore, remember?"

"I guess that's gonna have to change, then." Toshinori stood and walked over to Aizawa. Aizawa's heart raced, and his face flushed red. Toshinori knelt down to Aizawa's level. "Aizawa, these past few weeks have been lonely without you. I don't ever want to lose you again. Will you be my boyfriend?"

"A-Are you sure?" Aizawa asked. He wanted it so badly, but he was scared of being hurt again. He was felt like he didn't deserve this. "There are better people out there, I mean. I wouldn't blame you if.."

"I don't want anybody else. No one's better than you." Toshinori said. Aizawa stared into his eyes. "I love you, Shota."

"I.." Aizawa felt himself slowly leaning forward. "I feel the same."

And, they sealed it off with a kiss.