{25}

Aizawa woke up, and the first thing he realized was that he wasn't wearing any clothes. He looked to his side, expecting to find Toshinori laying there, but he wasn't. He was, however, in Toshinori's room. He slowly sat up before a sharp pain emitted from his lower half. It was tolerable, but it still bothered him.

He was sore.

"Yagi?" He called out. He slowly got out of bed and saw that his clothes were folded on the bedside table. He put his boxers on, then grabbed one of Toshinori's white shirts and lazily put it on. It didn't fit him at all.

Perfect.

He opened the door and immediately smelled something delicious in the air: breakfast. He walked out and into the kitchen with a slight limp.

"Jeez, I was wondering when you'd wake up." Toshinori said, turning to face Aizawa. Aizawa chuckled. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine. My legs just ache." Aizawa replied. "What are you cooking?"

"Rice, eggs, and salmon." Toshinori said. Aizawa hummed, then walked up to Toshinori and kissed him sleepily. Toshinori grinned. This was where he was supposed to be. "..Did you brush your teeth?"

"Nope." Aizawa answered. Toshinori playfully let out a groan of disgust, making Aizawa laugh.

"Gross. Go brush your teeth, smelly." Toshinori said, gently pushing Aizawa away. Aizawa chuckled, then went to his bathroom and used the spare toothbrush Toshinori left for him. He entered the kitchen once more and saw Toshinori cutting up the fish.

"Stop trying to make it look nice, I'm hungry." Aizawa huffed, walking up behind him.

"I thought we talked about patience yesterday, Shota." Toshinori said, glancing back at Aizawa. Aizawa blushed, the look sending shivers down his spine.

"Hey, you only get to do that when we're.. y'know." He said, looking away from Toshinori's eyes. He hated the way he looked at him. Actually, he loved it and the way it made him feel, but he wouldn't admit it. "..Which plate is mine?" He asked.

"This one." Toshinori said as he fully turned to hand Aizawa his plate. Aizawa nodded and took his plate to the table. Toshinori brought him his coffee before he sat down with his own plate and coffee. "I will never understand how you can handle your cup straight black."

"It tastes good. I don't know how you can put sugar in yours. It's too sweet."

"I only put a spoonful!"

"Eugh."

"Alright, Mr. Too Emo for Sugar, don't eugh me because you think that having a coffee 'as dark as your soul' makes you cool."

"Wow, alright, you're really coming for my edge like that, Yagi?"

"I'll come for more than just your edge."

They laughed. Aizawa's stomach grumbled, and he remembered why he was sitting at the table in the first place.

"Alright, let's shut up. I'm starved." Aizawa said. "Itadakimasu."

They spoke a bit as they ate. Aizawa was too busy eating to notice, but Toshinori was really nervous about something.

"..Shota?" Toshinori said, finally. Aizawa looked up from his plate and finally saw how anxious Toshinori was. He stood up and went to his side.

"What's wrong?" Aizawa asked. Toshinori looked down. "Yagi, you know you can confide in me, right?"

No, it's nothing of the sort. I just wonder.. what would you say to a marriage proposal..? Toshinori thought. I never want to leave you again. Maybe that's the answer?

"Yagi?" Aizawa called, and Toshinori looked up at him.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" He blurted out. No! Just ask him, get his opinion! Toshinori thought.

"..That's not what you actually wanted to say, is it?" Aizawa asked. He knew that his boyfriend wouldn't hesitate to ask him out, so for him to be so nervous while asking was odd. Toshinori let out a dry chuckle.

"You're right." He sighed. "I just wanted to know.. if I proposed to you, would you say yes?" Aizawa's eyes widened. He ran a hand through his hair, his heart beating a bit faster.

"..Wow, the big question already, huh? I'm.. not sure. We've only been together for almost a year, and then, you know.." Aizawa sighed. Toshinori's nerves calmed, and he started to feel a little upset. Aizawa noticed. "I mean, I would love to say yes, but.. how do I know it won't be a mistake?"

"We don't have to get married, we can just stay dating." Toshinori replied, softly.

"But, I want to get married." Aizawa said, suddenly. There was a silence. Toshinori looked up at him and smiled. "..I never thought I'd ever get the chance to say that." Aizawa said, smiling.

"Look, maybe it's too early to ask. I just.. don't want to lose you again." Toshinori said, his smile faltering. Aizawa kissed Toshinori, and Toshinori was quick to kiss back. They pulled away after a bit.

"I promise, you won't lose me. Not if I can help it." Aizawa reassured. "Ring or no ring." He looked down at the back of his hand. "..Though, a ring would be nice." He muttered. Toshinori chuckled. Aizawa rubbed Toshinori's back before he went and sat back down to continue eating. "Is your proposal for a date still on the table? Because now you've got me in a lovey-dovey mood."

"Of course."