Chapter 3 (pt. 1)

3rd Person

Today was the day; the funeral.

The champ did not wanna be here. She was supposed to be asleep rn. Nobody wanted to be here. Partly beacause it was raining and they were outside. But they wished Opal were here with them, giving them tea, for it was so cold, her tea and her personality always warmed people up.

Raihan (the dragon type gym leader) stared at the ground, determined not to cry. Again. While Leon, the EX champ, sat there and hugged him. He held his hand, as if to say, "you still have me," while Raihan smiled.

(So I support the ship- don't judge!!)

Sonia was just sobbing all over the place. She was VERY emotional (unlike our new champ). Nessa came to sit by her, and hugged her. A tear rolled down Nessa's cheek. Sonia hugged Nessa back.

(So I support this ship too..)

The champ was just sitting there, wishing for this thing to be over. She looked at her Rotom Phone. They had 2 hours left. Ugh.

Then in came Marnie and Bede. "Seeing Marnie is gonna be SO awkward," thought Bede, while Marnie just thought of how much she DIDN'T wanna see Bede. However she didn't know how much he was suffering.

Bede's POV
I cant believe this is happening to me. First Marnie, now Opal. Who else was i gonna lose? I felt like crying again, but I didn't, for I was in public, and that'd totally ruin my rep. Then again, I cant lose anyone, for I have no one.

The champ must've seen that I was pretty upset, cuz she came over to sit by me. It wasn't like the champ to do that. Normally she didn't care WHAT people were feeling. She just said/did what she wanted.

Then she held my hand.

Woah.

What is she doing? Is this what they call affection? Marnie had never done this to me in our 2 week relationship.

Then I did something I immediately regret.

Arianna's POV
"Get off."

"What-?" I wasn't that shocked at Bede's words. He'd say something like that. But still.

"I said get off." He shoved my hand away.

Tears filled my eyes. This is the first time I've ever actually cried at a funeral. Not cuz of Opal tho.

"F-fine.. I was only trying to help. If you want people to care about you-" I stopped cuz I knew he was suffering and I didn't wanna make it worse. "See if I ever try to help YOU again."

Those were the wrong words, cuz I was back a week later.

(This is getting way to long so I'm gonna end it here and make a second part)