Part seven

It has been a month since the 'incident' with you and Ushijima but you couldn't forget about it of course. Every time you and Ushijima met, the both of you blushed just by looking at each other's gaze.

But other than that, the both of you became closer and more comfortable with each other. You decided to watch Ushijima practicing at the gym. You wanted to go with Hairi but she had to go home early because of a sudden personal matter.

You went up to the place where visitors usually sit and wait before the practice starts. You didn't tell Ushijima so you could surprise him. But actually, he surprised you.

The way he plays was amazing. You stared at him while studying his moves. His hand moved as the ball was thrown. The way his hand moves seem gentle but it was actually not. He spiked the ball over the net, and that is when you clearly see his dark olive eyes sparkled. He was really enjoying himself.

You loved that about him.

After the practice ended, you went out and enter back from the main door. You peeked in, and there he was. You only saw him and three other people which you believe was Tendou, Eita and Shirabu. You knocked and pushed the door.

"S-sorry for the interruption. Can I have a talk with Ushiwaka?" You said with a clear, but shy tone.

"Ah, (y/n). What is it?" Ushijima replied, walking closer to you and the three guys followed him from behind. "U-um, can I talk with Ushiwaka privately?" You asked, while looking at the three guys behind him. The three of them nodded, and left the both of you alone.

"Ushiwaka." You stared at your feet "what is it?" You flinched a little as he replied, because you were nervous about what your going to ask him.

"Here" you passed him a flyer, he took it, stared at it for a few seconds and looked back up "I'd like you to come with me, as my partner, Ushijima-kun.." you said, while your face burned red.

"S-sure" he replied, in his normal tone, but he turned away, blushing as well. You beamed happily, "thank you!" You walked away.

The event went well and you were especially happy with Ushijima being your partner.