Chapter 1

So this is just after (like the day after) the last episode of Season 10 of Blue Bloods, and Eddie and Jamie are riding together for the day as her partner called in sick and they needed her on the streets.

Phone calls: italics

When Pearl ran away the police were called but didn't acknowledge it as it got lost in their flood of calls that day. When Jamie and Eddie were looking for a thief who was breaking into houses and stealing all of the valuables (Thomas the Tank Engine reference from Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure), they came across a small girl huddled in the corner, Eddie cautiously went towards her. The girl started crying, and she backed up. Eddie whispered to Jamie, "You go up to her. She seems to not like me." Jamie walked forward slowly and she started crying, "Hey, hey hey, don't cry we are here to help you, my names Jamie and this is my partner Eddie, can I come closer?" The girl nodded. Eddie raised her hands in exasperation.

Jamie sat down a bit away from the girl, she stood up and started walking with a major limp towards him. She sat in his lap and curled around him. "Eddie call a bus, we need her checked out," said Jamie

Eddie responded with, " I'm guessing you'll be with her in the hospital."

He nodded, "she doesn't seem to mind me, oh also call Danny. We need him to investigate why she is out here, where she came from, and where she got her bruises from,"

"Will do."

'This is 12-Sergeant we need a bus forthwith at 160 Manhattan Ave.'

Five minutes later the ambulance showed up, and the paramedics tried to take to the sleeping girl from Jamie but she held on tight and wouldn't let go. "Sergeant Reagan, you need to come with us,"

Jamie stood up slowly as to not wake the girl. Two minutes later when they arrived at the ambulance the paramedics once again tried to get her off of Jamie but it was all for not. Jamie climbed on the ambulance and sat on the stretcher, he opened his arms to expose her to the cold. She shivered and clutched him tighter, two seconds later she opened her eyes to see Jamie's face staring at her. "Hello, little one can you tell me your name?" Asked Jaime

She nodded, "My name is Pearl."

"Well Pearl, how old are you?"

She held up four fingers, Jamie gasped and looked at Eddie shocked, "Why are you on the streets?" Asked Eddie.

"My mommy is dead and Stepdad is a meany."

"Pearl can you get off me these nice people want to check you,"

She shook her head, "no me only trust nice man, and good lady."

"Good lady?" she pointed to his partner Eddie, " why did you start crying when she came near then?"

"She looked like my mom, and she is dead so I thought I was imagining it,"

Jamie looked at Pearl in surprise, "how about these nice people check you, and when you get out we'll go get ice cream, how does that sound.

Pearl grinned and let go of him then asked, "what type of ice cream? Because I only like blue ice cream."

"Blue ice cream it is."

She was then strapped on the gurney as to not injure her further, five minutes later they arrived at the hospital, "Mr. Jamie will you not go please!"