Chapter 7

Erin and Frank both had the same apology Danny had. Jamie forgave Erin but held off forgiving his dad.

One week later Jamie was released, they had to run a lot of tests. No one but one person, has ever survived that type of fall and that was him. When he left the hospital his whole body was still covered in bruises and cuts. Eddie picked him up, as Pearl was being babysat by Danny. She started talking, "I don't think you should stay with the NYPD."

"Why?"

"You just has your stripes removed everyone in the prescient no the NYPD as a whole knows that. If you show your face you could be shamed, your dad already has to much on his plate, he'll never gain back the reputation he had before,"

"So I damaged my fathers reputation because I was just defending his name, and the rest of the family. Now drop me off at the apartment you have fun at the dinner table that you'll soon stay at without me,"

"Jam-"

"I know I don't deserve this name, but I have to deal with it,"

Eddie arrived at the apartment and Jamie was about to open the door when Eddie locked the doors, "you know, your dad is very concerned with you not apologizing because it isn't you,"

"My dad doesn't have a concern in the world about me or his reputation when he tore off the stripes, just because he couldn't handle me taking down a guy,"

"Your da-"

"He doesn't care, he wouldn't care if I died right now, just his last name and it's significance. I don't deserve the name if I'm thrown under the bus because I helped with that reputation. What does he want me to do? Sleep on it? Forgive him? Let him get what he has coming, I lost my job, if I lose my family because they can't handle it. Then good grief," now what Jamie didn't know was Eddie was recording the whole time, and was going to play it at the dinner table, to tell them without words that they majorly screwed up.

When she played it, the first thing Frank did was sigh, "I really didn't mean to tear off the stripes it escalated so quickly that I wasn't thinking straight. If I can't take responsibility for my actions then I have no place as the police commissioner."

"Well I for one think that you were to hard on him, like the rest of us. And if I could go back in time to prevent this from happening," said Erin

Pearl sat up straight as Danny sighed, "the more we think about changing the past, yes it might have helped with him not being stuck at home, the more we think about it the more it will not help. Because he was just doing his job and when we can't handle him losing his
stripes when what needed to happen was look out for him, if we can't handle that we aren't fit for him, not the other way around."

Pearl looked at Uncle Danny and hugged him, "Daddy loves everyone but doesn't know what to feel when he was betrayed, he'll soon be normal again. But Grandpa has to promise something,"

"Anything,"

"You'll clear his reputation and name, he'll forgive you sooner. Look the damage done is bad, keep his spirits up, and keep it that way and when he is fit to go back to work his name is cleared. Understand?"

"You think it'll work?" Asked Frank, Pearl nodded.

When Eddie and Pearl arrived home they saw Jamie sleeping. "Go to bed Pearl I'll be right in," she whispered. She then walked over to the couch to put a blanket on him, when she saw a photo album on the floor beside him.

After she placed the blanket on him she then walked to Pearls room, "Goodnight sweetheart,"

"Is daddy ok?"