IV - FAMILY TIES

     In the Forbes residence, Damon laid on Caroline's bed, flicking through the pages of a book in boredom. When seeing what he'd picked to read, both Allison and Caroline warned him against it, but he didn't listen to either girl. Instead, he began to read a random book from the Twilight saga, as the two girls tried to find their outfits for the Founders party. At this point, it was more Allison trying to help Caroline find one, as she already hers hung up by the door. 

   "This one?" The Forbes girl asked, nodding to the yellow dress she'd put on.

   Allison glanced at it, quickly shaking her head. "Too bright."

   "Agreed. No yellow. Jaundice." Damon added on, making the pair look over at it. He nodded to the blue one Allison was pulling from the closet. "Go for the blue."

   Caroline made a face, as she looked the blue dress up and down. "I don't like the blue."

   "You haven't even tried it yet. Shush." The Webber witch brushed off, thrusting the dress into her hands. "Change so I can see it on."

   "Plus, we like the blue." Damon continued, as the human blonde stripped off the yellow dress. "And if we're going to be your dates-"

   "You two cannot be my dates." Caroline quickly cut him off, shaking her head at the idea. "My mother is going to be there, and she is a very proud gun owner."

   The two exchanged a look at her words, and Allison moved the girl over to him, Damon tugging her down to his level. "I went through a lot of trouble to make sure this party wasn't cancelled. It's very important that we be there." He looked into her eyes, compelling her. "Please take us."

   It took over in a matter of seconds, and Caroline blinked away the dazed look that had formed, smiling between the pair brightly. "You two should come to the founders party with me."

   "No it your wearing that dress." He shot back, earning an amused eye roll from the Webber girl. He then set his attention back on the book in his hands, frowning at it. "What's so special about this Bella girl? Edward's so whipped."

   "You gotta read the first book first." Caroline pointed out, pulling the blue dress on. "It won't make sense if you don't."

   "It doesn't make sense either way." Allison scoffed, as she grabbed her own dress off of the hanger. She stood in front of the mirror, holding it up against herself, her lips pursed. "You want vampire stories? There are much better writers of the genre."

   "She's right." Damon mused, resting the book down on his chest. He didn't look at Caroline though, his eyes set intently on his girlfriend, a small smile pulling at his lips as he did so. "Ah, I miss Anne Rice. She was so on it."

   "How come you don't sparkle?"

   "Because he's a vampire, Care." Allison mused. "Not a walking glitter ball."