• 13 •

"there we are again on that little town street, you almost ran the red 'cause you were looking over at me. wind in my hair, I was there, I remember it All Too Well"

Christina's P.O.V.

Bobby and I were going out, yet again. We'd become a lot closer again. Adam wasn't even a thought. He didn't come in nightmares and he never seemed to sneak into my mind. I listened to his music without being pained. I actually felt like I'd finally gotten over him.

From what I'd seen, he'd gotten over me too. It was nice to know that what happened was best for both of us. He was back with Behati, and he seemed very happy. I was back with Bobby, and I felt very happy.

Bobby and I understood each other in a different way than Adam and I had. Besides the fact that I'd grown up with him and he was merely a year older than me, I think he was better for me than Adam. I thought it was good that we were over each other.

As Bobby said something to me, he continued driving and I laughed at the occasional joke or funny story before coming back with a story or comment of my own.

Our date was amazing. It was a more upper class date than the usual Olive Garden date with him. And afterward he even stood outside with me to stare up at the stars for a while.

Then everything hit me on our way home. We were going through a small town on the way to my house. It was a road that I would often take with Adam, we had a lot of dates in that area and to get home we had to go through this town.

As we talked, Bobby suddenly slammed on the brakes and I gasped in surprise. As I looked around, I got this sense of déjà vu.

The flashback came back soon after, completely clear. I remembered it like it was yesterday.

We were driving back from a date. We'd gone bowling after eating a very fancy supper, and Adam and I were singing along to the radio like usual. He'd look over at me, and being my awkward self, I'd burst into a fit of the giggles. Soon after the giggles subsided, I'd get back to singing along with the song on the radio.

I glanced out the window and took in my surroundings, hoping that the things I could see were going to help me rembember that moment almost perfectly. When I turned back to Adam, he was looking over at me, singing along as I did. He looked forward again and slammed on the brakes. My seat belt locked and I thought something bad had happened.

Turns out, he'd almost ran a red light becuase he was too busy looking over at me and singing along with the radio.

"I'm so sorry," he said. "I was just distracted by you."

I blushed and looked down at my hands in my lap.

"I'm so sorry," I heard again.

I turned and looked at Bobby. "It's okay," I said. "It happens to everyone. It's fine. We're both okay."

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it and I looked out the window. What are the odds of that happening?

"You're sure you're okay?" he asked. "You seemed pretty surprised, and then you wouldn't answer me when I said your name. I kept saying I was sorry, I was hoping you were okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just fell into a memory," I answered. "I think I'm overtired. I should get some rest when I get home." This was true, but I mainly just wanted to be alone. I didn't want Bobby to stick around after he dropped me off. I normally would be fine with it, but tonight I wasn't okay.

"Okay, if that's what you want then I can just drop you off," he said.

"That would be great," I answered with a smile.